what are you selling today?

muscleman

On 1/4/2022 at 3:26 PM, boilermaker75 said:

Wrote some 310-strike Jan 7 expiration covered calls on the BRKB in my IRA.

I figure even if I get called out it is hard to imaging BRKB not visiting 310 again. Plus overall I am > 80% BRKB so I can always justify being called out as deworsification!

Bought my BRKB shares back, which were called out at 310 on Jan 7.

11 hours ago, ValueArb said:

For the people here who sell covered calls on BRKB, what duration do you usually target and how far above trading price?

I have a large BRKB position that I would not write covered calls on because I would end up with a big tax bill because of the long-term capital gains. I ofter write puts on BRKB, and if I get put to I turn around and write covered calls on those shares because that usually got me on margin.

I did those recent covered calls in my IRA because there would be no tax implications. Since BRKB was making new highs every day I felt there was a good chance I could get those shares back if I was put to because BRKB would revisit those prices.

Sold WMB. Above $30 is a full price for an irreplaceable asset with low growth. The market provides an opportunity on WMB every few years when it gets grouped in with a commodity panic (e.g. 2016, 2020). Looking forward to the next time this occurs to reload.

1 hour ago, investor1 said:

Sold WMB. Above $30 is a full price for an irreplaceable asset with low growth. The market provides an opportunity on WMB every few years when it gets grouped in with a commodity panic (e.g. 2016, 2020). Looking forward to the next time this occurs to reload.

Same

14 hours ago, lnofeisone said:

I sold WMB close enough to 30 a while back. WMB and KNOP are my two panic-buys that seem to always work out.

I trimmed some WMB at $28, but its still yielding over 5% at $30.  Isn't there still a chance pensions funds figure out how dividend investing works?

On 1/27/2022 at 4:18 PM, Ross812 said:

Started a position in SONO. Brand recognition, great balance sheet, margins are good, '22 PE of 15 and growing at 15%+. Audi deal and they successfully defended their patent against google. Every Sonos household buys on average 2.75 speakers and their music subscription service is getting traction. I see this becoming the Apple of home audio. 

Sold $28 Feb 11 calls for a $1. Turning into a (hopefully) quick swing trade around earnings. 

Majority of AMBP. Selling what was bought late Dec. / early Jan. at slightly lower prices in a market that now seems far less sanguine. Admittedly an attempt at market timing.

Can only speculate that its last week's high related to BLL earnings 1/27.

Edited by CafeB
BLL

1 hour ago, gfp said:

Thanks @gfp.  I found it later in the earnings releases as well.

11 hours ago, LearningMachine said:

@formthirteen, I can't find any 10K or 10Q for TME.  They talk about how much cash they have in their earnings releases and transcripts. Do you know how much debt they have, and supporting documentation for that? 

@LearningMachine, you can find the data in the latest 20-F:

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1744676/000119312521111096/d31001d20f.htm#fin31001_103

Edited by formthirteen
Didn't notice gfp already answered...