what are you selling today?

muscleman

5 hours ago, MattR said:

Why do you feel like selling? It is still pretty undervalued compared to most of the market, and pays a nice dividend, especially if you bought in the 35 range. 

Yes, I bought this low. The runup has been crazy, must be due to factors driving it. I don't think the terminal value concerns will ever go away with this one. That said, I funneled at bit more into SWMAY yesterday, which hasn't really run up at all.

1 hour ago, Spekulatius said:

Yes, I bought this low. The runup has been crazy, must be due to factors driving it. I don't think the terminal value concerns will ever go away with this one. That said, I funneled at bit more into SWMAY yesterday, which hasn't really run up at all.

what is your criteria/preference for buying foreign shares thru ADR or on a US traded market versus the home market.  Curious since you trade foreign shares rather routinely. Thanks

1 hour ago, Spekulatius said:

I sold in both taxable and IRA.  I swapped 70% into PM.  I already own a chunk of SWMAY - 5% position for me.

39 minutes ago, mjm said:

what is your criteria/preference for buying foreign shares thru ADR or on a US traded market versus the home market.  Curious since you trade foreign shares rather routinely. Thanks

If I get satisfactory liquidity, I tend to buy the ADR's. It also depends on my account - I have both IB and Fidelity account and never buy on foreign exchanges in my Fidelity accounts, due to high costs.

Sold part of my SLVM position (28%). It's runup about half way to my end of the year goal, and reconsidering how much weight I gave it due to its debt load.

Edit: Oops, I originally wrote SILV and 8%, first was a brain fart, second changed when I decided to sell more. SLVM is a spinoff where International Paper loaded it with debt. It should have no problem paying down the debt and start buying stock back to move it's PE up from 5 to 8 next year, but I don't like to hold large positions in anything with balance sheet risk.

Edited by ValueArb

Sold VTRS at a loss. I decided I was wrong about this one. Y2022 EBOTDA forecast was significantly below consensus and they got way less for the biosimilar business than hoped for. I am surprised they are selling it for this price. I decided my thesis is busted.

Edit: Sold LHX in my IRA's. I think it's fully valued.

Edited by Spekulatius

Sold $RHM.DE close to ~155 Euro in my IRA. Crazy how this benefited from the Ukraine war.  I bought this at ~64 Euro not so long again . I am hodling in my taxable account (bought even lower). Sometimes deep value works although the circumstances are sad in this case.

42 minutes ago, JRM said:

Why?

1.  I've already got exposure to U.S. natural gas (and the Haynesville in particular) via Black Stone Minerals.  I prefer to keep that over Williams.

2.  At the current price I think it will be hard to make 15%/year on Williams, and I don't want too many investments that don't meet that standard.  That belief isn't based on much though.  At the price I bought, very little research was required.  At today's price, I think you need to look deeper into the company, and the pipeline business doesn't interest me enough to do that.

3.  The Williams shares I sold today ~$32.80 I bought two years ago for around $7.  This ought to have no bearing on anything, but I suspect it continues to color my views about reasonable valuation.  

Edited by KJP