What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

Did not want to create another thread. But $Yell goong bankrupt, most probably chapter 7 liquidation, the stock traded 4+ times its total outstanding shares today. Yesterday trading was crazy as well. Most ltl chapter 7s dont get much. They have some 300 terminals, out of which some 170 are owned and rest leased. Of the owned guess is max half would be above 70-80 doors or worth significant to strategic sellers. Tractors and trailers age is up there as well. Reports  that MFN partners buying the stock but dont know about their debt holdings here. Havent done any more work but found v interesting.

52 minutes ago, valueseek said:

Did not want to create another thread. But $Yell goong bankrupt, most probably chapter 7 liquidation, the stock traded 4+ times its total outstanding shares today. Yesterday trading was crazy as well. Most ltl chapter 7s dont get much. They have some 300 terminals, out of which some 170 are owned and rest leased. Of the owned guess is max half would be above 70-80 doors or worth significant to strategic sellers. Tractors and trailers age is up there as well. Reports  that MFN partners buying the stock but dont know about their debt holdings here. Havent done any more work but found v interesting.

Not sure what the game plan is for MFN but it sure added a lot of fuel to that squeeze. AFAIK they can't simply flip their shares since they crossed the 10% threshold and would be subject to the short swing rule. It seems like Apollo controls the purse strings and will make sure they get paid in a bankruptcy, but I can't imagine there being anything left for unsecured debt or shareholders.

I bought some put spreads yesterday and today that I think will still work out well, but definitely would have been more profitable in any case to just ride the squeeze.

2 hours ago, Spekulatius said:

Added some Reply (Italian IT consultancy). Stock took a dump post earnings due to lower margins. Looks cheap to me. Will benefit longer term from AI (I think) 

I'd be curious how this plays out. I suspect they will report really bad revenue numbers going forward. The industries where they are playing are really pulling back on consulting services. AI is growing fast but it's also least profitable niche and it will take a while to figure out profitability. 

1 hour ago, lnofeisone said:

I'd be curious how this plays out. I suspect they will report really bad revenue numbers going forward. The industries where they are playing are really pulling back on consulting services. AI is growing fast but it's also least profitable niche and it will take a while to figure out profitability. 

They have actually shown ~17% revenue growth the first half. As to what is going on near term, I have no idea since italian co's generally don't provide much guidance.

I do note some smaller players like PRFT have provided very lousy numbers but I think they are playing in a different sandbox. Italian competitor Digital value on the other hand has just shown very robust numbers.

But yes, I share some concerns.

6 hours ago, Spekulatius said:

They have actually shown ~17% revenue growth the first half. As to what is going on near term, I have no idea since italian co's generally don't provide much guidance.

I do note some smaller players like PRFT have provided very lousy numbers but I think they are playing in a different sandbox. Italian competitor Digital value on the other hand has just shown very robust numbers.

But yes, I share some concerns.

PRFT - there is a name I haven't heard in a while. A bit different sandbox. If I recall correctly, PRFT focuses a lot more on custom app dev and that's one area that's currently under a lot of stress in the consulting world across just about every industry. Right now the places to be in the land of consulting are firms that have Gov't contracts (ACN, CACI, etc.) and asset plays (again, ACN, CACI). Commercial consulting and custom app dev is experiencing fairly severe demand pullback coupled with the increased cost of talent. 

I sold the STNG in my retirement account that I bought a couple of months ago, for quick a 10% pop and bought some FRFHF and FFXDF.  I hate selling something that I think is underpriced, and I hate buying something at $800 that I didn't want to pay for at $700, but the price to book on both of these looks good and the pie is growing.  

AIG. Thanks @kab60 for mentioning in the other thread. Pattern recognition kicked in pretty much right away and this one should print money for a good while with the setup. Got all the traits of something that can surprise from here. Hadn't followed it since maybe 2014/5 or so. Will always have a soft spot for the ticker as well as its one of the first(along with Apple) investments I went huge on back when starting my business that ended up being monster winners.