What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

40 minutes ago, gfp said:

what are the "weeklies 95s?"  95 strike call options that you are long???

July 21st expiry 95 strike calls.....very small amount (beer money). Figure with the 18th deadline tomorrow why not?

Edited by Castanza

33 minutes ago, gfp said:

Isn't the deal price 95 cash?

Yeah but the stock is trading at 92 and change this morning. Picked up some calls at 95 strike at .31 this morning figuring if the deal closes they will be itm and I'll get a cash out on the merger per OCC adjustment or if we get a decent bump today I'll sell before eod. Depends on volume too (which is why it's beer money). 

1 minute ago, Castanza said:

Yeah but the stock is trading at 92 and change this morning. Picked up some calls at 95 strike at .31 this morning figuring if the deal closes they will be itm and I'll get a cash out on the merger per OCC adjustment or if we get a decent bump today I'll sell before eod. Depends on volume too (which is why it's beer money). 

I guess I am missing something.  I was under the impression that 95 strike calls expire worthless on a cash deal at 95.  They aren't in the money at 95.  It would be a loss of 31 cents.

28 minutes ago, gfp said:

I guess I am missing something.  I was under the impression that 95 strike calls expire worthless on a cash deal at 95.  They aren't in the money at 95.  It would be a loss of 31 cents.

LOL no you're right, my dumbass was thinking atm is itm...Don't trade options at while the gym 🤣 Gonna list them and see if I can collect my 6 cents lmao 

Put-it-on-my-tab GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by Castanza

2 hours ago, gfp said:

There is a chance they will extend the deal with a slight bump in acquisition price. Depending on the size of the bump, if there is one, the stock may trade above $95 this Friday.

21 minutes ago, Malmqky said:

Fairfax is a 25% position otherwise I’d buy more. 

Starter in CI and ELV while I research them more

I just checked and FFH is 9% for me so I'm adding as funds become available.   Out of my largest holdings (BRK, GOOG, JOE and FFH), it's the only one that still looks attractive to add to at these prices.   

Sold AAPL and bought more FFH. 

I've now sold all of my AAPL stock that I purchased since 2014 (and then some) and only own some of the shares that I've received from having dividend reinvestment on my account in the last 9 years.  This is a little over 150 shares with basically a 0 cost basis (because it is in my IRA Fidelity marks these shares as $0 cost basis).  I'm going to hold those forever whether or not I ever invest more in AAPL again.  AAPL has been a great investment for me, but the price seems way to rich for me here.  

8 minutes ago, rkbabang said:

Sold AAPL and bought more FFH. 

I've now sold all of my AAPL stock that I purchased since 2014 (and then some) and only own some of the shares that I've received from having dividend reinvestment on my account in the last 9 years.  This is a little over 150 shares with basically a 0 cost basis (because it is in my IRA Fidelity marks these shares as $0 cost basis).  I'm going to hold those forever whether or not I ever invest more in AAPL again.  AAPL has been a great investment for me, but the price seems way to rich for me here.  

Interesting and thanks for sharing

35 minutes ago, Luca said:

Interesting and thanks for sharing

No problem.  It's interesting, I've never owned nothing but dividend reinvested shares for any of my positions before in my IRA.   It gets the Total Gain percentage wrong.  It says "0.00%" rather than  "∞%" or just "n/a" or something.

Screenshot2023-07-19132530.jpg.f8845854674a87485552f38a983ef03c.jpg

• Like 1