What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

3 minutes ago, Gregmal said:

Yea I think it varies. All I own is some October and November IWM puts. The Oct $180 strike for instance went from $2.6-2.8 to now $5. I’ll probably hold it for a few more weeks. Obviously we need to start getting worked up for the September rate hike. I’ve heard the world ends with a 3.5-4% Fed funds rate. So you wanna sell just before everything goes to black.

A lot of what we have to thank is the 'mother of all fears' from the 1982 P/E.

I’m just so grateful for all the folks who still haven’t gotten over the GFC. They’ve been creating wonderful opportunities for over a decade now thinking that everything is 2.0

Powell has outright stated numerous times the goal is to raise til inflation subsides and then bring rates down. You’ve already seen that the rhetoric works. The majority of the supply chain stuff will be fixed in the next few months. Energy is the only thing they don’t have a say in. But regardless you’re looking at what is yet another classic short term “issue” that’s creating long term opportunity. In a few years people won’t remember this anymore than they remember the China crisis in August 2016.

18 hours ago, Spekulatius said:

Early happy hours drinks or are you talking about stonks?

Haha! I partnered with Thomas Petterffy on $SLG.  He can be capricious, so let's just say I hope it works out as well for me as it did for Rick Guerin.   

Edited by CorpRaider

23 hours ago, CorpRaider said:

Oh I was just joking, it's an old talk on youtube to DU students and he talks about levering up $T stock on margin.  He doesn't really talk about anything substantive w/r/t $T.

I think this is it:  

Edit:  Whelp, I got filled.  I think I'm going to puke.

There is a good book form 2005 called The End of the Line on AT&T's big move into cable with the purchase of TCI and MediaOne in 1998.  There is lots on John Malone in it.

https://www.amazon.com/End-Line-Leslie-Cauley/dp/1439123098

More Haier - Shares (690D.DE), STILL 200% upside alone from the Spread to the H-Shares $6690.HK and today they again had in this weak HK environment double digit growth (15-20%) on EPS and Net income. An absolute insane beast and yet all share classes have the EXACT same rights.

Did i mention that last weak, the D-Shares got a 6% dividend yield.

Its insane... (if anyone interested, its still the same special situation from Jeremy Raper a year ago https://seekingalpha.com/article/4399099-haier-smart-home-german-listed-shares-50minus-80-percent-near-term-upside-massive-discount-to)

Fairfax India at US$10.15; small anount.

My hope is they do another dutch auction later this year ($200 million in cash plus proceeds from IIFL Wealth sale when it closes). 

The rub is if interest in IDBI Bank is real… perhaps that is where the cash goes. 
https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/money-and-banking/prem-watsas-fairfax-shows-interest-in-idbi-bank/article65496966.ece

50 minutes ago, lnofeisone said:

Reloaded on some VET calls. Love how it trades with oil news but it's a nat gas company. 

Same. How far out with the calls are you going? I usually stick with about 6 mo and slightly OOM.