What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

9 hours ago, lnofeisone said:

Volatility on this one is wild. Anything you can recommend looking at to understand the sell off?

Honestly I don't understand the sell off myself, that's the reason I'm buying. 🙂

BTC is down quite a bit from it's ATHs a month ago so that could be it.

I haven't found traffic results yet for the overstock.com website that got launched again end of march, perhaps the traffic is disappointing.

26 minutes ago, John Hjorth said:

Started with small positions today in :

BALB B.STO [Fastighetsbolaget Balder AB, ser. B, Göteborg, Sweden], &

CAST.STO [Castellum AB, Stockholm, Sweden].

I may change my mind about them and sell them at any moment, thereby considering the buys of them errors.

Why?  ty

7 minutes ago, Dinar said:

Why?  ty

When I wrote here on CoBF about the Swedish Real Estate Crisis evolving last year, I felt confident both CAST and BALD already then were in deep trouble with regard to their financings looking forward. It seems both companies so far have steared clear of troubled and unsuccessful refinancings, triggering forced and uncontrolled massive assets sales, however it's not over yet.

The effort here for my part is over time to build a modest basket of a portfolio of Scandinavian listed real estate companies with a low entry point, for the purpose of holding it for the long term.

Vestis looks like a debt paydown story. They are doing some cost cutting which may or may not work, but I imagine the real story is paying down all the debt they are saddled with post-spin. That value will accrue to equity holders over time.

Little more Valaris.

Trading at ~20-25% of of replacement, new contracts really starting to rollover, committed (supposedly) to returning all FCF to shareholders...and there's lots of it. Probably should buy a basket, but I like the size and quality of fleet vs competitors and the fact VAL isn't leveraged like the others.

We'll see how this works out over the next decade.

42 minutes ago, Malmqky said:

Little more Valaris.

Trading at ~20-25% of of replacement, new contracts really starting to rollover, committed (supposedly) to returning all FCF to shareholders...and there's lots of it. Probably should buy a basket, but I like the size and quality of fleet vs competitors and the fact VAL isn't leveraged like the others.

Agree Valaris is looking good here. Fcf starting to roll in. 

2 hours ago, LC said:

Vestis looks like a debt paydown story. They are doing some cost cutting which may or may not work, but I imagine the real story is paying down all the debt they are saddled with post-spin. That value will accrue to equity holders over time.

VSTS was a margin improvement and debt paydown story from the spin. Now it looks again like the spinoff was oversold and my guess is that they may have to sacrifice some margin to keep the topline from falling. The CC brought new information to light that they have customer retention issues which to me sounds like a combination of service issues and pricing. This was not dixlosed before. They need to work this out to prevent the topline from imploding (which is the real risk here).

At least, I am not paying a fancy multiple here and if the story works out LT, then I still think we could see a multibagger here.

I think @Dinar owns the stock too and may have further insight.

4 hours ago, Malmqky said:

Little more Valaris.

If you’ve got a decade I like the warrants way better