What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

9 hours ago, Spekulatius said:

Added a bit to various positions - SWMAY, VNT, PSMT, PINS.

Spek, out of curiosity checked your picks and VNT got me to read more about it.

I did some limited reading. Are you looking at it as short term thing with multiple rebound from low PE?

As a long term hold, there might be some concerns about their revenue lines plus some 3x debt, which will limit what they could do over the next 2-3 years? DBR acquisition was not cheap. Also Danaher spins-off below average businesses to what they keep, I guess Fortive did the same. Once the multiple is up, there would be less reasons to hold.

Edited by NotSoWise

Recycled proceeds from SAM and SFTBY into BRKB and harvested a small short term loss. Several of you have convinced that there are better ways to play the SAM game through options, and it's certainly not screamingly cheap at these prices, although I do believe in the long term future of this business and they seem to earn better ROIC up until this most recent hard seltzer fiasco. SFTBY I continue to want some exposure to, and this may be very poor timing. 

Also added a few more shares of APO after rolling my 1/20/23 APO puts to a higher strike price for a credit. 

Edited by RedLion

On 11/15/2021 at 11:26 PM, irnovo said:

I'll suggest reading two writeups on VIC, https://www.valueinvestorsclub.com/

For me, I am mostly looking at bigger picture and downside protection. Plasma protein market will continue to grow for the foreseeable future. GRFS is in plasma protein oligopoly. Debt is being used to acquire smaller players in the market. The cost of debt is low, indicating no worries that company will not be able to debt/interest. I don't see a scenario where rev does not grow or margins suppress. The risk is that gene editing tech (CRISPR etc) makes plasma protein therapies obsolete, but that is really far in my opinion. Recent weakness in share price is due to debt and dividend cut. My time horizon and expectation is a double in 5 years.

what do you think of the strategic investment from GIC where they are using high cost "debt" although longer duration to repay back low cost debt?