What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

19 minutes ago, Gregmal said:

Starter in PTLO and added a tad to NATH

A sausage theme. Nice! I get these are reopening plays, but to what extent is that offset by input inflation? I’ll admit I haven’t done research on either besides watching the Nathan’s contest some years. The announcer may be worth picking up a small position, but I digress. 

30 minutes ago, KPO said:

A sausage theme. Nice! I get these are reopening plays, but to what extent is that offset by input inflation? I’ll admit I haven’t done research on either besides watching the Nathan’s contest some years. The announcer may be worth picking up a small position, but I digress. 

@cubsfan brought up the discussion on PTLO and simply, I liked it so I started a position and plan to dig in deeper when I get settled on vacation. NATH I've owned a position as a buy and hold for ages and its got a kick ass royalty biz that is inflation proof and probably worth more than the market cap of the entire company. Management is also best in class and have done tons of buybacks and special dividends over the past decade. 

1 hour ago, Gregmal said:

@cubsfan brought up the discussion on PTLO and simply, I liked it so I started a position and plan to dig in deeper when I get settled on vacation. NATH I've owned a position as a buy and hold for ages and its got a kick ass royalty biz that is inflation proof and probably worth more than the market cap of the entire company. Management is also best in class and have done tons of buybacks and special dividends over the past decade. 

I love Portillos.  I looked into them via their IPO report and the share count information was very confusing (could be something missed on my part).  In their IPO documentation they had a total of 378m units/shares outstanding which was broken down by Class A, Class B, and LLC units totaling 378m.  This document came out on 10/22/21.  

Their most recent quarterly report mentions a 7.4 to 1 reverse split which brought their count to 51m outstanding.  The reverse split occurred on 10/20/21.  Not saying anything odd is going on, simply that it’s a bit confusing as to why this wasn’t mentioned in their initial IPO documents.

Maybe something to look into.  Hope you share your thoughts on Portillos post analysis and look forward to hearing them if you do.  From someone who has been eating there for years, it’s an amazing chain offering a great expirience.

15 minutes ago, cubsfan said:

^ PTLO has a strong cult following in Chicago area. I think it will grow nicely throughout the Midwest and Sunbelt.

Thanks for the idea. I’ll check it out when we’re in Arizona in a few weeks as I see they have locations there.