What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

On 7/5/2023 at 2:14 PM, Gregmal said:

Most important part of the hedge, and it’s really just that, is the strike though.

Thanks for this - really interesting & useful stuff to think about, and completely confirms my experience when I've tried to be smart going OTM & getting caught out.

Looks like nice timing on yours.

Edited by thowed

33 minutes ago, thowed said:

Thanks for this - really interesting & useful stuff to think about, and completely confirms my experience when I've tried to be smart going OTM & getting caught out.

Looks like nice timing on yours.

Yea I don’t really have many rules but instead framework. But if I did have a rule it would be the one shot rule on OTM options. One shot, no adding. By starting slightly in the money you’re saving your shot and giving yourself some room to be off on the timing and multiple ways to make money.

On 7/4/2023 at 1:08 PM, Luca said:

Noam Chomsky recently stated a nice comment in an interview on this whole war with Russia: "The hypocrisy of the west is astonishing"

“Janet Yellen concerned about Chinas new export controls”…..

Think Janet is equally “concerned” about any of the US policy directed towards China or Russia? Even Canadian tariffs? Nah bro.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/07/07/yellen-says-shes-concerned-about-chinas-new-export-controls.html

Edited by Gregmal
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gregmal said:

“Janet Yellen concerned about Chinas new export controls”…..

Think Janet is equally “concerned” about any of the US policy directed towards China or Russia? Even Canadian tariffs? Nah bro.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/07/07/yellen-says-shes-concerned-about-chinas-new-export-controls.html

I don't think the Chinese will take it well, if she said that she is unconcerned....

43 minutes ago, zippy1 said:

I don't think the Chinese will take it well, if she said that she is unconcerned....

You know its funny, so many people talk doom and gloom about China, what a shitshow their system is, everybody leaving etc whatever, but on the same time we have massive propaganda against Chinas industrial power, military power etc, concerning this, concerning that. 

I thought china is so weak?

Its obvious that china is not weak at all and are on their way to gain as much and more control than the US had the last 100 years. 

Edited by Luca

25 minutes ago, Luca said:

You know its funny, so many people talk doom and gloom about China, what a shitshow their system is, everybody leaving etc whatever, but on the same time we have massive propaganda against Chinas industrial power, military power etc, concerning this, concerning that. 

I thought china is so weak?

Its obvious that china is not weak at all and are on their way to gain as much and more control than the US had the last 100 years. 

I think CCP does present a great challenge. Having a realistic perspective about CCP is the first step in dealing with the challenge. 

Those who said China is weak is essentially saying “business as usual” and nothing needs to done.  I think that would not be the right attitude. 

however, with that said, it does not mean that I would like live under CCP rule.  

this is a bit off topic now, so I will just stop here. 

Edited by zippy1

On 1/19/2021 at 12:54 PM, Gregmal said:

Bought a tiny, 100% speculative XRP position before the trading suspension. Dont give 2 hoots about XRP but I think I am comfortable with my understanding of how SEC related issues get resolved and and while there is always the risk its wiped out or never trades again on a mainstream basis(hence small position), if things go the way I expect them to this should open 3-4x higher than where it is now.

Exactly. as. expected. 

Might exit Berkshire and Micron and use proceeds to buy FFH. I don’t want to sell the aforementioned but they’re not exactly cheap and the setup for FFH is sooo nice atm…

Maybe I should use some margin instead …

Bought some more BTI using MO and PM dividends while I contemplate.