What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

3 hours ago, gfp said:

So we have two "cheap" stocks trading near their 52 week lows reporting earnings tomorrow before the bell - BC and ABG.  Both are likely to report a good quarter, ABG is likely to raise guidance.  Will be interesting to see market reaction.

I'm thinking about writing the May 20, 65-strike puts on BC. Nice return and margin of safety.

36 minutes ago, boilermaker75 said:

I'm thinking about writing the May 20, 65-strike puts on BC. Nice return and margin of safety.

Well I imagine the prices and volatility will change by the time the options market opens post-earnings tomorrow but who knows

On 4/26/2022 at 3:11 PM, aws said:

UNTCW - $63.74 strike warrants expiring in 5 years on a stock trading at $58. Black-Scholes should price this in the $20s I would think, but they are trading for $6 on the high side down to a penny on the low side. I think they just became tradable today after a two year long bankruptcy and people are just taking what they can get for them.

Well this worked out spectacularly. No change in the underlying share price, but the warrants have repriced up toward what would be reasonable. I actually was able to buy some of these for as little as 8 cents each, and two days later they at $13.25.

30 minutes ago, aws said:

Well this worked out spectacularly. No change in the underlying share price, but the warrants have repriced up toward what would be reasonable. I actually was able to buy some of these for as little as 8 cents each, and two days later they at $13.25.

Awesome trade. Well done!

7 hours ago, aws said:

Curious how you came across this? (And well done)

Edited by hasilp89

3 hours ago, hasilp89 said:

Curious how you came across this? (And well done)

I was involved with the stock and its bonds before the bankruptcy and have followed the process. The shares were listed last January but the warrants kept getting delayed. The warrants would have been nearly worthless if they came public at the same time as the shares because the strike price so high. The shares traded around $7 when they went public, about 90% haircut for the bondholders, and the warrants were structured that they wouldn't be in the money until the bondholders were made whole.

But a lot has changed for energy stocks in the past 15 months, and now the stock was trading at nearly the same strike price as the warrants. I was quite interested to see what the warrants would trade at under the circumstances, thinking they might trade a few dollars under fair value. And to my surprise they came public at 1 penny per warrant. So it didn't matter what fair value was, I just stuck bids out there and some people sold to me at pennies on the dollar. It took a couple of days before price discovery took place, and I was able to vacuum up a big chunk of the warrants.

3 hours ago, Viking said:

GOOG, AMZN, added to BAC, CRM, DIS, NFLX

Same.  I finally initiated my first positions ever in GOOGL, AMZN and DIS today.  Hope they continue to fall...I was jacked up on cash and still have about 35% of my portfolio in cash after starting those positions...since we all know that cash is what stupid people hold!  Cheers! 

On 4/26/2022 at 2:53 PM, Williams406 said:

PTHRF

I watched the webinar and am wondering what I'm missing. Probable answer: I don't know how to handicap late-stage O&G exploration. Their current valuation seems to imply a much lower chance of production success than I suspect they are actually facing.

ABNB calls. I have a couple of geographically distributed airbnbs, and Q1 was as crazy as I've ever seen it. Other hosts said the same. I got 3x more than same dates in 2019 for some listings. 

I think they're going to blow out earnings, but I'm a wuss, so I bought the calls for later in the year so if I'm wrong I'll still have time value to limit my losses. The market is expecting huge volatility - short term options are very, very expensive.