What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

So much stuff on sale today 🤩!  

I bought some META, CPNG, Kraken Robotics. 

I also added 20% to my Grupo Televisa position, but I intend to sell my higher cost basis shares 31 days from now for the tax loss and repeat again before the year end to offset some gains on winners.  

12 minutes ago, Saluki said:

So much stuff on sale today 🤩!  

I bought some META, CPNG, Kraken Robotics. 

I also added 20% to my Grupo Televisa position, but I intend to sell my higher cost basis shares 31 days from now for the tax loss and repeat again before the year end to offset some gains on winners.  

Uff, stuff on sale with -4% :D? I like semiconductors going down and ASML deserves way more than -10% but hey. Still sitting on the sidelines in regards to semiconductors and US tech. Happy with Fairfax, Tencent, PDD, Oil/Coal, etc 🙂

On 7/12/2024 at 6:04 AM, Ross812 said:

I bought a basket of durables/construction related companies JCI, GGG, AOS, CARR, TT, DE, OTIS, CRH, and SSD with proceeds from a sale of JCI. My position in JCI which has appreciated in the past few months and had similar valuation to the others so I practiced a little diversification. 

wow this is the first time I’ve seen someone here invest in SSD. That’s my life long investment punchcard. Welcome to the club!

any highlights from the other names you mentioned?

7 hours ago, dpetrescu said:

wow this is the first time I’ve seen someone here invest in SSD. That’s my life long investment punchcard. Welcome to the club!

any highlights from the other names you mentioned?

The problem with most of those names is that they are more expensive than JCI. I also bought the stock when it was at low 50’s and think I just keep it. The business has huge LT tailwinds and it could become a LT compounder after shedding so many lousy business (batteries, auto components etc).

Edited by Spekulatius

3 hours ago, formthirteen said:

CME

Is there a thread for EVO? I couldn't find one. You could think something with this growth and margins would trade at higher multiples:

image.thumb.png.ede90cbf1b29df980ba47ea77f76e96f.png

Yes, there is:

EVO looks cheap,  but there  is some concern that the high margins may not be sustainable. They also saw some margin deterioration this quartet.

Edited by Spekulatius

Bought some Metaplanet 2 days ago at 183¥, kicking myself for not buying it at 27¥... Still good timing it seems.

Also took Greg's short term advice and sold some JOE, hoping to pick it back up in the low 50's when Bruce sells again. Used the proceeds to buy some GOOG.

1 hour ago, Paarslaars said:

Bought some Metaplanet 2 days ago at 183¥, kicking myself for not buying it at 27¥... Still good timing it seems.

Also took Greg's short term advice and sold some JOE, hoping to pick it back up in the low 50's when Bruce sells again. Used the proceeds to buy some GOOG.

What do I miss on Metaplanet? They bought BTC for 40% of their previous market cap and suddenly they are worth 10x more? Please enlight me 😄