What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

Bought some CLPR today. I have $5 calls expiring in June - September. My thinking here is that I will sell the calls for a loss after 30 days, unless the price rebounds in which case I can still exercise and be around a full position. 

9 minutes ago, Xerxes said:

Good lord !

No one is interested in buying the dip on CharlesSchawb !

I am interested. But you have a two-faced monster. You have an industry heavy weight with enormous (and latent) earning power. You also have a bank with M2M negative tangible equity.

I'd lean towards buying. But you have to consider the risk of a dilutive equity raise or years of low earnings.

For me, the deciding factor is that management made a huge (and obvious!) mistake with their balance sheet. I'd rather invest alongside Thomas Peterffy.

But definitely tempted...

added a little Coupang.  

Not any particular news, but I've been thinking about diversifying globally as well as across industries.  Ideally with compounders instead of cyclicals. 

Coupang (CPNG) (probably 1/2 the position size I want, but I'm already fully deployed)

Fairfax India (FFXDF): India (could add some more)

Televisa (TV):  Mexico (full position)

Alibaba (BABA): China (full position)

I've been thinking about a good one for South America, but although Petrobras looks cheap, It's a cyclical.  I really admire what Mercado Libre has done and how it's managed, but it's too rich for my blood. Tigo Millicom I've looked at but can't pull the trigger. Anyone have any suggestions for cheap latin american companies with compounder potential?