Merry Christmas Everyone!

Parsad

6 hours ago, John Hjorth said:

@formthirteen,

Here is a Christmas gift for you.😉

Thanks. I needed some good news.

But, as an investor in PM and MO I was unhappy to read this, LOL:

The World Tobacco Atlas revealed that for the first time the proportion of smokers in the world has fallen. That's a hugely consequential shift that will save millions of lives. Out near the front of the pack? The United States, where cigarette smoking is down sharply, and New Zealand, the first country to implement an annually rising smoking age, ensuring tobacco cannot be sold to anyone born after 1 January 2009.

I miss SWMA already, LOL.

1 hour ago, formthirteen said:

Thanks. I needed some good news.

But, as an investor in PM and MO I was unhappy to read this, LOL:

The World Tobacco Atlas revealed that for the first time the proportion of smokers in the world has fallen. That's a hugely consequential shift that will save millions of lives. Out near the front of the pack? The United States, where cigarette smoking is down sharply, and New Zealand, the first country to implement an annually rising smoking age, ensuring tobacco cannot be sold to anyone born after 1 January 2009.

I miss SWMA already, LOL.

PM is actually having volume growth as smokers are switching to IQOS.  Yes,  I agree re SWMA (PM bought it from me), but PM owns it now.  

Happy holidays to all board members. Sanjeev, thank you for starting this board 20? years ago. The insight and advice received over the years has been life changing for me and my family. This board really has been the gift that keeps on giving. Thanks also to all board members for sharing their thoughts, perspectives and knowledge. Thanks also to those who posted in the past… i especially remember bsilly for helping get us through the especially dark days (back in 2003 when Fairfax traded under C$100)… All the best in 2023! Crazy that another year is almost over.

Edited by Viking
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Viking said:

Happy holidays to all board members. Sanjeev, thank you for starting this board 20? years ago. The insight and advice received over the years has been life changing for me and my family. This board really has been the gift that keeps on giving. Thanks also to all board members for sharing their thoughts, perspectives and knowledge. Thanks also to those who posted in the past… i especially remember bsilly for helping get us through the especially dark days (back in 2003 when Fairfax traded under C$100)… All the best in 2023! Crazy that another year is almost over.

Hi Viking, yes we hit 20 years on February 20, 2022...going on our 21st year this February!  Cheers!

• Like 1