what are you selling today?

muscleman

3 hours ago, Spekulatius said:

USB and my smallish trading position on MANU. Bailed out of PAH3 at a loss 😢

2 hours ago, sleepydragon said:

Sold PAH at loss too.

now i have a rule for myself: no foreign stocks, 😝 

I'm sorry for your losses, gents. Pretty sure they're modest, you'll survive and do well despite that. Now don't ask me if I have sold my Volkswagen shares! [tracker].

For the German Automakers Headwinds, headwinds, and - then yet again - headwinds!

Solution :

Move closer to each other - so to say - shoulder to shoulder : Merge!,

Forget all already approved procedures and processes for development  and doing business in general,

Fire all management teams - all over the place,

Hire Elon Musk to run the whole merged place in his ravaging way.

@John Hjorth - yes the loss on PAH3 is moderate, but still stings. The reason for the sale is that I am more and more concerned about the Chinese competition affecting Porsche as well. The VW business certainly is affected, not just in Chine, but also soon in Europe.

There just is too much competition with cars. I am now poking around putting the funds to work into something similar like Daimler Truck, AGCO or CNHI where there is less competition and the stocks are almost as cheap. All those have issues with cyclicality though.

(FWIW, I own a little of CNHI already)

33 minutes ago, Spekulatius said:

@John Hjorth - yes the loss on PAH3 is moderate, but still stings. The reason for the sale is that I am more and more concerned about the Chinese competition affecting Porsche as well. The VW business certainly is affected, not just in Chine, but also soon in Europe.

There just is too much competition with cars. I am now poking around putting the funds to work into something similar like Daimler Truck, AGCO or CNHI where there is less competition and the stocks are almost as cheap. All those have issues with cyclicality though.

(FWIW, I own a little of CNHI already)

CNHI looks very interesting.

I also own a little Porsche, a 2010 Cayenne w/190,000 miles;) Based on its maintenance costs and near zero residual value I have to say there is strong profit in owning a porsche dealer. I intend to dump this position as soon as possible.

12 hours ago, John Hjorth said:

I'm sorry for your losses, gents. Pretty sure they're modest, you'll survive and do well despite that. Now don't ask me if I have sold my Volkswagen shares! [tracker].

For the German Automakers Headwinds, headwinds, and - then yet again - headwinds!

Solution :

Move closer to each other - so to say - shoulder to shoulder : Merge!,

Forget all already approved procedures and processes for development  and doing business in general,

Fire all management teams - all over the place,

Hire Elon Musk to run the whole merged place in his ravaging way.

Then Brookfield and Apollo can buy the whole mess out of bankruptcy for a song!

Sold 50% of CLPR. I had actually doubled the position a month ago but as a temporary measure, to harvest tax losses and maintain the position size. 31 days have passed so I took the tax losses and am back to my imposed position size.

Sold out of Liberty Broadband after learning that Rutledge sold his entire stake last week.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/4039157-charter-communications-executive-chairman-sells-stock-worth-100m-cuts-stake-to-0

Same guy who refused Verizon's offer at "well over $100B" 6 years ago. Today Charter trades at $60B.

Also they somehow messed up buybacks which costed us $25M??

https://seekingalpha.com/news/4036578-charter-communications-to-pay-25m-penalty-for-unauthorized-stock-buybacks

And I think it's clear at this point GCI has been a very poor acquisition, especially given that liberty financed it using their own stock at a 40% discount.

Trimmed HQI after getting a little over aggressive buying into the sell off with earnings. Sitting at a $13.60 cost basis. 

Sold out of BTI. I've always been a little on the fence morally about investing in the tobacco industry and I was devoting too much thought to the question with my largish position so I decided to no longer be an owner. Took a small loss.  

Trimmed ADSK at $216 then rebought after the earnings selloff. 

8 hours ago, Castanza said:

Trimmed my M position (calls and shares). Playing with house money now. 

Thanks @Parsad 🙏

Did the same!  Great minds think alike!  😛

Got my average cost down to just around $12 per share as it fell, and switched out of January 25 $17 Calls to January 25 $13 Calls at roughly the same valuation during the week.  Right-sized the position as well, as it had gotten pretty big as it rebounded 50%+ since November 13th!

All in all, up about 65% so far on the shares and calls combined!  Can see $20 within range this month.  Makes up about 12% of the portfolio presently.  Fair value for the business remains around $22-25, not including value for the real estate...but I'm not counting on them selling the real estate.    

Cheers!

5 hours ago, Spekulatius said:

My wife just showed me who the boss is - bought DVA at $78 a sold at $106.5 a few weeks later. She also bottom ticked $FMS a while ago and $BAX more recently. She just trades around dialysis stocks.

Let her trade the main fund.  Got dam.

3 hours ago, sleepydragon said:

There’s a trial today. Thought it went well?

yes, just saw this news in SA.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/4044429-kenvue-gains-amid-hearing-on-purported-tylenol-linkage-to-austism-in-children

However in a way, this boatload shouldn't be there, KVUE slightly missed earnings and the stock isn't all that cheap either. I had hoped for a rebound in what looked like a technical selloff, but I think there were more fundamental reasons behind the selloff than I anticipated. Anyways, took a little gain and look for greener pastures.

On 12/1/2023 at 8:55 PM, Parsad said:

Did the same!  Great minds think alike!  😛

Got my average cost down to just around $12 per share as it fell, and switched out of January 25 $17 Calls to January 25 $13 Calls at roughly the same valuation during the week.  Right-sized the position as well, as it had gotten pretty big as it rebounded 50%+ since November 13th!

All in all, up about 65% so far on the shares and calls combined!  Can see $20 within range this month.  Makes up about 12% of the portfolio presently.  Fair value for the business remains around $22-25, not including value for the real estate...but I'm not counting on them selling the real estate.    

Cheers!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/macys-mulling-58-billion-buyout-offer-source-230606275.html

Tomorrow morning, I'm going to make on Macy's in the last six months, as much as I've made on META in the last year and FFH in the last three years!  I believe Castanza will be quite happy too! 

Cheers!

5 hours ago, Parsad said:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/macys-mulling-58-billion-buyout-offer-source-230606275.html

Tomorrow morning, I'm going to make on Macy's in the last six months, as much as I've made on META in the last year and FFH in the last three years!  I believe Castanza will be quite happy too! 

Cheers!

Well done Ladds.