What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

Sold ITM covered calls on TMUS, AIV and CASH for the 18th. Traded around some OSTK puts sold last week, closed the $25 puts for a 30c gain when the shares are down $1.50. I know there was a lot of volatility priced in with earnings but damn. Sold more puts down a $1 at $22.50.    

I am trying to occupy myself and keep some powder dry. I sold out of a 20% TBF position that grew to a 30% position after holding onto it for 12 months. I'm still down 5.5% for the year thanks to my conviction in Meta and Google.  

On 10/28/2022 at 4:38 PM, ValueMaven said:

Bought a very small trading position in AGNC ... blow-up risk is real here - but they are at a ~20% discount to book and havent cut the dividend yet.  If rates and swap-spreads come down a touch and MBS rally, this could go to $10 quickly 

I started a small trading position last week in their P series fixed to floating preferred shares, I feel like the upside is probably similar and downside lower than the common, but I don't trust these mortgage REITs and even in a preferred I'm keeping this position size extra small. 

I bought some Google too for the first time since the split into multiple share classes. I'm sure it doesn't make much of a difference which class, but is there a reason GOOG is about a dime more than GOOGL? I thought GOOG shares were identical but nonvoting, so I would have expected those ones to be modestly cheaper.