What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

55 minutes ago, LC said:

Love it. Dipping below the 170s?

I use bear spreads and then buy a crazy OOM put for cheap, in case it really crashes hard. 

Actually took some more of the short Tesla etf for day to day simplicity and some January $200 puts. Best way I could find to reduce the premium cost.  

20 hours ago, LC said:

Love it. Dipping below the 170s?

I use bear spreads and then buy a crazy OOM put for cheap, in case it really crashes hard. 

I've been using fairly short term bear spreads on SPY and QQQ this year with great results (overall). I have had a lot more success with spreads than straight puts. 

3 minutes ago, Pelagic said:

Any chance you could share a synopsis of their short thesis?

It’s VIC, can’t you just see the thesis? Some dork comes out of his city office cubicle screaming “Boss, we’ve got another over earning cyclical heading into rate hikes and Fed tightening!”…..valuation short 

18 hours ago, Gregmal said:

It’s VIC, can’t you just see the thesis? Some dork comes out of his city office cubicle screaming “Boss, we’ve got another over earning cyclical heading into rate hikes and Fed tightening!”…..valuation short 

Haha that's what I figured.

I read this ONEW thesis when I first started researching it and it had some nuance as to why it's preferrable to HZO and talks a bit about HZO specifics as they compare to ONEW.

https://valueinvestorsclub.com/idea/ONEWATER_MARINE_INC/0521948621

48 minutes ago, Pelagic said:

Haha that's what I figured.

I read this ONEW thesis when I first started researching it and it had some nuance as to why it's preferrable to HZO and talks a bit about HZO specifics as they compare to ONEW.

https://valueinvestorsclub.com/idea/ONEWATER_MARINE_INC/0521948621

I find this Thesis a lot more compelling, and ONEW is trading below the write-up.

On 11/19/2022 at 6:36 AM, whatstheofficerproblem said:

Interesting, would you mind sharing your thesis on the topic? The VIC writeups have corrupted me, I want to know what makes it a long for you.

Trading around 3x cash, I like the moat with marinas / closed loop ancillary revenue streams with storage / insurance / maintenance - I believe yacht business will be resilient and maintain high margins long term. I like the buyback and potential to continue consolidating.   I like roll up plays with moats and real estate holdings.  Seems to fit those criteria so I started a position.  

Bought a little bit of ATD pre earnings to top up to a 5% holding in my RRSP. Winners win with good earnings but better return to shareholders. However some mildly scary line items of lower fuel volumes, read that as you wish. 

45 shares of Tim Hortons parent RBI for my RRSP. Its a work from home is bullshit and everyone better get back to the office unless they want to be the ones getting layed off in the upcoming slowdown play.

50 shares of ATZ to keep my monthly fill. While knowing it will probably get a shit kicking at some point, recession bla bla bla. I do think it is prudent to keep adding slowly as the business expands. I'm convinced the girls buying these cloths are not economically sensitive and this thing will run for a long time. Joe Biden pausing tuition dept payments is a not insignificant tailwind 

I sold a touch of BRK to add to JOE ( didn't catch the low 30's a few weeks ago but 35 is close enough ) ( Gregmal combined with some random architecture article highlighting the beauty and livability of rosemary beach and seaside got me a little too excited to not average down)  

I sold some TJX after a 30% gain in a couple months, I still like it very much. However I just wanted to take my profits so I put the proceeds in to Amazon

My gut tells me the market is ready to start rolling off again. I like to follow my gut in the least self destructive ways so for the first time ever, I bought a GIC, 30K at %5.08 that i get back in November 23. I did this as a bit of an experiment. I like the idea a will get a slug of cash back at a specified time. I have no idea of the future but i could see this as a way to have "cash" but not have to actually hold cash and make market decisions. Time will tell.