What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

Bought ATCO earlier this and last week below 14. Seemed like a good deal at the time. Also bought some BAM and ONEX.

Not sure BAM is a good buy, it might start trading like a REIT. Have pretty much avoided the meltdown in REITs so far by selling early but should probably start getting back in. REITs in Europe are not looking good...

7 minutes ago, Dinar said:

Bought more VRE - 8% cap rate here unless I screwed up my math.

Yea you’d think they own toxic mold or something. But trading action not totally unexpected given the optics. 25 bps up on the 10 year is the new 200 more COVID cases for REITs. 

30 minutes ago, Gregmal said:

Yea you’d think they own toxic mold or something. But trading action not totally unexpected given the optics. 25 bps up on the 10 year is the new 200 more COVID cases for REITs. 

The company needs an activist.  I do not understand why corporate overhead is $40MM per annum, take a look at their website - a bunch of people who in my opinion should not be there.  Also, they need to start buying back stock hand over fist, no way you can buy these assets at 5.5% cap rate in the private market, at 5.5% cap rate this is a $24 stock

3 minutes ago, Dinar said:

The company needs an activist.  I do not understand why corporate overhead is $40MM per annum, take a look at their website - a bunch of people who in my opinion should not be there.  Also, they need to start buying back stock hand over fist, no way you can buy these assets at 5.5% cap rate in the private market, at 5.5% cap rate this is a $24 stock

The company is basically run by an activist hedge fund. It’s gonna happen.  Something. Balance sheet needs work but it’s small enough to be swallowed easily.

More SMH because damn, semi designers, fabs and semicaps look cheap, and more importantly, necessary. There will be lumpiness.

FWIW, I'm all in now and have set aside a generous pile of untouchable / un-investable cash to cover expenses until early to mid-2025.

Those who've been hoarding investable funds can now fully expect to be accommodated with a huge overall market drop.

Sold 10/14 $39 USB puts for $0.85. Nice premium and also lowers cost basis. Net cost basis with assignment places one at a 5%+ dividend yield for a stock offering strong capital appreciation prospects.

Also adds to ALCO.

Edited by dipod