What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

More $ABG, now my biggest position at close to 20%. Portfolio rather boring, balls long Tobacco, Berkshire and auto dealerships plus a bit of fiber telcos, logistics,plastic packaging and an industrial company

Edited by kab60

4 minutes ago, CafeB said:

AMBP -- beverage can pure-play -- significant growth investments with attractive returns

MDT -- pipeline delays limit near-term catalysts -- time arbitrage?

MSM

MSM looks a bit like a value trap to me. Gross profit has remained the same since 2016 and something starts to eat their relatively fat margins. I guess competition and transparency from online pricing is a problem for them and makes their business more competitive.

Sold APTS April $15 PUTS. I'm already short the $15 calls and long $10 calls with the same expiration. I had thought about buying back the $15 calls for a loss and rewriting $17.50, but decided to take this approach instead to take advantage of time value decay. 

Put the proceeds from new options premiums into a few more shares of APO. 

Edited by RedLion

23 hours ago, Spekulatius said:

MSM looks a bit like a value trap to me. Gross profit has remained the same since 2016 and something starts to eat their relatively fat margins. I guess competition and transparency from online pricing is a problem for them and makes their business more competitive.

A co. I know sells to all three major MRO distributors and the rep believes they are the least organized out of their competitors at growing our category. 

Edited by Broeb22

20 hours ago, boilermaker75 said:

I wish MSGE traded weekly options.

MSGE really has some wild volatility for what it is and premiums are surprisingly good. I've sold covered calls against my position opportunistically for the last few months and collected quite a bit of premium.

On 12/20/2021 at 4:01 PM, Broeb22 said:

all three major MRO distributors

I don't know how competitive MSM is with FAST and GWW outside of metalworking. Total market is large and fragmented. MSM management discusses "market share capture from the 70% of the distribution market that's made up of local and regional distributors"--toward a target of "at least 400 basis points of growth above the IP index by the end of our fiscal 2023"