What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

The past couple of days I was adding to MSCI (2% position now), NTDOY and CPNG (about 3.5% each).  Unless the price comes down again, I'm done buying for now.   Bought some ATEX after the price came down to keep it at 1%.  

On 4/8/2024 at 5:18 PM, John Hjorth said:

After exiting a small position in DANSKE.CPH [Danske Bank A/S, Denmark] in January 2015, I started a small position in the bank again today.

I added a tiny bit to DANSKE.CPH today.

I converted more of my Ethereum to Bitcoin yesterday.   Not a straight conversion. I bought Bitcoin with about 65% of it. I’m holding back 20% for taxes and 15% which I plan to buy MSTR with tomorrow.

6 hours ago, Dinar said:

COKE - the bottler

Tender offer for a huge chunk of the outstanding - and the shares already trade above the tender price. Interesting situation. Do you have a long term thesis or is this a trade?

7 minutes ago, LC said:

Tender offer for a huge chunk of the outstanding - and the shares already trade above the tender price. Interesting situation. Do you have a long term thesis or is this a trade?

It is a long-term investment.  I have followed the company for a couple of years, but I was not 100% sure that the operating margin improvement was sustainable.  Given the size of the tender offer and the fact that the management that owns 12% is not tendering, I figure that not only profitability is sustainable, but that there is either a massive profitability improvement coming down the pike or there is another ace up management's sleeve.  Had they bought out all of the shares at $925 per share that they wanted, the stock would have been trading at 9x my 2025 EPS.  

3 minutes ago, Luca said:

I saw that too...crazy times

He’s great at the social media game, just bought himself millions in publicity and a whole new group of supporters for only $24K in stock. 

Also added to JOE and NTDOY on the dip today. I probably have enough of both already, but "it was on sale", as my better half would say. 

Such a weird day in the market where everything in my portfolio was flashing red except for one stock.  Been adding slowly to ATEX, FRPH and KRKNF to get them to 1% weight and then I'll stop and check back on them in a year. No particular news on them yet.  

Sold off some of my higher basis STNG shares that hit the one year mark and bought a few shares or Tsakos (also in tankers but cheaper/with more debt)  so that I see it when I log in and do more reading up on it.  

Tinkerered with some ALS.TO.  I think there is some asymmetry but ultimately it’s a a bit of a lottery ticket. Breaks all my rules but the CEO seems to have a good handle on the cyclical nature of the business. Intriguing.