what are you selling today?

muscleman

3 minutes ago, Dinar said:

Why did you sell?

I sold very close to PM's offer price.  So, it seems to me that either PM gets enough to squeeze out at very close to the price I received or it doesn't, in which case I expect an opportunity to buy back in at a better price than today.  I'm doing this in a non-taxable account; if it was in a taxable account, I would have held.

I must acknowledge that I have sometimes been wrong about the immediate share price movement in response to a failed takeover/squeeze out, so I can't contend that my reasoning is foolproof.

1 hour ago, KJP said:

I sold very close to PM's offer price.  So, it seems to me that either PM gets enough to squeeze out at very close to the price I received or it doesn't, in which case I expect an opportunity to buy back in at a better price than today.  I'm doing this in a non-taxable account; if it was in a taxable account, I would have held.

I must acknowledge that I have sometimes been wrong about the immediate share price movement in response to a failed takeover/squeeze out, so I can't contend that my reasoning is foolproof.

Thank you.  I hold in a taxable account, so I am holding.  Yes, in a non-taxable account, I would probably sell too.  

Sold out a set of QQQ puts spreads I had on expiring 11/4 - 11/7. I figured after the market reaction to FED results today I might as well close out and preserve some of my capital. Now watch QQQ drop 5% in the next week. 

Sold 11/04 puts on GOOGL @90 and NKE @92

Exited CET.TO on the Ensign Energy news for a one-year double. In our eyes CET remains a good choice, but we did not appreciate the excessive dilution, or the US reverse takeover of Altitude Energy Partners. If CET can keep up their quarterly acquisitions/deal making, great; but we also own Ensign, and have better opportunities elsewhere. 

SD

Lightened up on some Interactive Brokers (IBKR) after a nice run up.

Sold out the remaining half of the Bank of America (BAC) shares I bought during COVID. It was a simple swing play and I waited way too long to do so.

Both seem fairly/neutrally valued in a market that offers many attractive opportunities.

6 hours ago, WayWardCloud said:

Lightened up on some Interactive Brokers (IBKR) after a nice run up.

Sold out the remaining half of the Bank of America (BAC) shares I bought during COVID. It was a simple swing play and I waited way too long to do so.

Both seem fairly/neutrally valued in a market that offers many attractive opportunities.

I sold all my IBKR calls over the last few trading days. I had switched my long position into a mix of ITM and OTM calls. Most of the were Jan 2023 expiry so not much leverage left, and the ITM ones are now very far ITM. Sold the calls and put the proceeds back into IBKR common.

I think it's still decently priced and the a great business that I want to hold long term. But it doesn't have the obvious extreme cheapness with a near term catalyst that it did even a few months ago.

1 minute ago, bizaro86 said:

I think it's still decently priced and the a great business that I want to hold long term. But it doesn't have the obvious extreme cheapness with a near term catalyst that it did even a few months ago.

I feel the same way, thanks for sharing. What catalyst are you referring to?

33 minutes ago, WayWardCloud said:

I feel the same way, thanks for sharing. What catalyst are you referring to?

Sorry, was overly brief. 

I just meant that with interest rates coming up massively and their very straightforward guidance you could calculate the amount net interest income was going to increase for the most recent quarter. It was quite meaningful, and the multiple on their non-zirp earnings was (imo) too low. The catalyst was them reporting those earnings so it starts to screen on them vs just being estimates.

Part of it for me is just taking leverage off. 

20 minutes ago, bizaro86 said:

Sorry, was overly brief. 

I just meant that with interest rates coming up massively and their very straightforward guidance you could calculate the amount net interest income was going to increase for the most recent quarter. It was quite meaningful, and the multiple on their non-zirp earnings was (imo) too low. The catalyst was them reporting those earnings so it starts to screen on them vs just being estimates.

Part of it for me is just taking leverage off. 

Makes sense. Congrats on the trade!