what are you selling today?

muscleman

6 hours ago, lnofeisone said:

They are treating as a naked call. 

So if the call you sold is exercised in the money, will that automatically trigger the exercise of your warrants?

Or

Does it being a ‘naked’ call mean you’d need to buy shares at current market price with cash and then sell them to the owner of the call at the strike price?

Cheers,

6 hours ago, Stuart D said:

So if the call you sold is exercised in the money, will that automatically trigger the exercise of your warrants?

Or

Does it being a ‘naked’ call mean you’d need to buy shares at current market price with cash and then sell them to the owner of the call at the strike price?

Cheers,

I don't expect the call to be exercised (I sold 30 Jan 24 calls). Let's say CVE gets to 30 and calls are exercised, TD will borrow and assign the shares at $30/share, which will net out to be me being short CVE at 30. Since I have the warrants, I could theoretically exercise them and get the shares assigned to me from someone else, netting out to 0. In reality, I'll likely sell the warrants and cover the short because of the tax mismatch. 

This is no different than buying a vertical bull spread. You always run the risk of someone exercising the leg that you sold if it goes too deep in the money. In this case, I'm using warrants as the long leg and selling options as the short leg. 

Just a friendly reminder, 100 warrants give you as many shares as 1 call so if you are holding 10,000 warrants, you can only sell 100 calls to create a risk profile of a vertical.  

14 hours ago, lnofeisone said:

I don't expect the call to be exercised (I sold 30 Jan 24 calls). Let's say CVE gets to 30 and calls are exercised, TD will borrow and assign the shares at $30/share, which will net out to be me being short CVE at 30. Since I have the warrants, I could theoretically exercise them and get the shares assigned to me from someone else, netting out to 0. In reality, I'll likely sell the warrants and cover the short because of the tax mismatch. 

This is no different than buying a vertical bull spread. You always run the risk of someone exercising the leg that you sold if it goes too deep in the money. In this case, I'm using warrants as the long leg and selling options as the short leg. 

Just a friendly reminder, 100 warrants give you as many shares as 1 call so if you are holding 10,000 warrants, you can only sell 100 calls to create a risk profile of a vertical.  

Thank you for explaining. That helps a lot.

Sold my small amount of FND today.

I visited 5 stores last week, all but one were basically empty, so I expect I may get a better price down the line. IF that doesn't happen then oh well. My research continues current holding or not. The five stores were in the Carolinas, Virginia, DC metro and south Penn. South penn was a Saturday and it was definitely the busiest which tells me the homeowner is driving the bus not flooring contractors. I dont know how to process that information yet.

It think it is probably a category killer and I anticipate buying back what I sold. The reason for selling is that a 25% gain in a month to me with limited cash inflows is too sweet to turn down. 2 grand USD profit for my tfsa in 19 business days. The money went back into BRK.b that acts as my savings account.

If i decide to buy back after more research it will go into a taxable account that forces me not to dick around with trades.

Fortunately no 😅 we moved to a bigger place with bathroom & bedrooms on the ground floor (for our handicapped daughter).

I decided to increase the mortgage amount/time to 500k 25y fixed at 2.89%. Relatively 'cheap' loan allowing me to free up more capital to invest.

We have automatic indexation of salaries here in Belgium so inflation is gradually wiping away the loan. 😇