What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

19 hours ago, KPO said:

At initial glance this looks like an income producing value play with aligned management in a decently boring business. Any catalysts? Do you mind sharing more? Thanks for the idea. 

Thanks for your kind reply. I will plan to start a new topic on it

On 1/18/2022 at 12:38 PM, Dean said:

Haven't made any big moves today or YTD but did some small add-ons to existing long-term positions today including COST, BAM and AMZN. 

Pretty much  nibbled all week long on COST, BAM, AMZN and DIS. If things continue to fall, I'd like to add to VICI, STOR, GOOG next week. 

I apparently bought 500 shares of ARKK at $68.22.

By that I mean my $100 ARKK Puts were supposed to have expired Friday, and I thought they'd be cash settled at $71 or where ARKK closed on Friday, but instead this happened? I've never seen this before, what the heck happened?

1 hour ago, ValueArb said:

By that I mean my $100 ARKK Puts were supposed to have expired Friday, and I thought they'd be cash settled at $71 or where ARKK closed on Friday, but instead this happened? I've never seen this before, what the heck happened?

Are you looking at your transaction or your cost basis?

i bought some QQQ...moving from 5.5% "big tech" to 7.5%. I still feel egregiously underweight these (for the most part) high quality growing businesses at pretty reasonable/fair valuations.

I buy a good bit off index /month in my 401k which i don't consider part of my portfolio and is very small right now

I didn't want to preclear anything and just bought the ETF which is

12% AAPL

10% MSFT

6.5% AMZN

5% META

4% TSLA 🤮

GOOG, NVDA, GOOG again PEP, ADBE, etc. 

wont be bottom but whatever

Edited by thepupil

3 hours ago, ValueArb said:

Did you write the puts?

This happens, because the options traded below 71 "after hours". I think the cut-off time is something like 5:30 pm. However, it's mostly the big players who can exercise options until then.

You can actually find screenshots of people who lost millions because of that, even though they put on a credit spread.

16 minutes ago, ValueHippie said:

Did you write the puts?

This happens, because the options traded below 71 "after hours". I think the cut-off time is something like 5:30 pm. However, it's mostly the big players who can exercise options until then.

You can actually find screenshots of people who lost millions because of that, even though they put on a credit spread.

I bought the puts, but the only quotes I've seen where it traded below 70 was during hours today, shouldn't they have been closed out friday?

This must be the first time I've ever made made money on puts since I never remember this happening before.

1 minute ago, ValueArb said:

I bought the puts, but the only quotes I've seen where it traded below 70 was during hours today, shouldn't they have been closed out friday?

This must be the first time I've ever made made money on puts since I never remember this happening before.

options are not cash settled.

your puts to sell ARKK at $100 were autoexcercised by your broker (which was good because otherwise they'd have lapsed worthless). this is standard procedure for in the money options.

What's weird to me is they automatically covered the shares or did you have to cover?

1 hour ago, boilermaker75 said:

Are you looking at your transaction or your cost basis?

Not sure what you mean here. I owned 5 contracts to put ARKK at $100 that expired Friday (I thought). Yet somehow today during market hours I've gotten notifications of purchases of the stocks in my puts that finished in the money (WKHS, NKLA, ARKK), which I'm presuming means they are being closed out by IBKR.

For another example, the WKHS purchase is dated just an hour ago, at $3.065, which is less than low from Friday and same number of shares that I had for my $5 WKHS puts.