What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

1 minute ago, thepupil said:

options are not cash settled.

your puts to sell ARKK at $100 were autoexcercised by your broker (which was good because otherwise they'd have lapsed worthless). this is standard procedure for in the money options.

What's weird to me is they automatically covered the shares or did you have to cover?

Ok, this makes sense. I did nothing, I had assumed cash settled, IBKR must have covered the shares for me and I benefited by them doing it today at lower prices than I could have done on Friday.

At these prices it will be soon. Been a top 5 but took some off mid teens as there’s a clear catalyst gap from phase 1- phase 2. Now we re getting into the heart of phase 2, oil and gas pickup means fracking revenue could blow up, and this transitions real nicely into the commercial phase which is where all the dollars start pouring in. Still early if you’re trying to time the move, but I think at these prices I’m cool with holding dead money for a couple quarters. Just wish the options were more liquid. I’d be shorting 10/12.5 puts all day here.

25 minutes ago, Gregmal said:

At these prices it will be soon. Been a top 5 but took some off mid teens as there’s a clear catalyst gap from phase 1- phase 2. Now we re getting into the heart of phase 2, oil and gas pickup means fracking revenue could blow up, and this transitions real nicely into the commercial phase which is where all the dollars start pouring in. Still early if you’re trying to time the move, but I think at these prices I’m cool with holding dead money for a couple quarters. Just wish the options were more liquid. I’d be shorting 10/12.5 puts all day here.

Nice, been holding for some time now as well. Probably maxed out on position size personally but the future looks bright. 

Yea it’s an utter beast on the balance sheet side and you have a stupid margin of safety on declines to really back up the truck. Per my convos with Mark I have the utmost confidence that what irks us, ie the “come on already” shouts from the bleachers as far as land acquisitions and buybacks go, is also what protects us. Guy is 1000% committed to being well capitalized and not making mistakes.

On 1/24/2022 at 2:37 PM, thepupil said:

i bought some QQQ...moving from 5.5% "big tech" to 7.5%. I still feel egregiously underweight these (for the most part) high quality growing businesses at pretty reasonable/fair valuations.

I buy a good bit off index /month in my 401k which i don't consider part of my portfolio and is very small right now

I didn't want to preclear anything and just bought the ETF which is

12% AAPL

10% MSFT

6.5% AMZN

5% META

4% TSLA 🤮

GOOG, NVDA, GOOG again PEP, ADBE, etc. 

wont be bottom but whatever

Your post actually got me thinking a little bit, and maybe a tad embarrassing, I swear I literally never look at or worry about the indexes, but damn, DOW 30 looks pretty awesome in terms of broad diversity to best in class stuff. 

3 hours ago, Gregmal said:

Maybe if someone wasn't buying all the volume the rest of us would be able to get a few more shares down around that $10-11 range. 😉

25 minutes ago, bizaro86 said:

Maybe if someone wasn't buying all the volume the rest of us would be able to get a few more shares down around that $10-11 range. 😉

Haha yea IDK lately Ive struggled with the whole thing. As an investor, who cares about volume, which is a stupid trading technical. Valuation matters right? Nonetheless between PCYO and GEOS its like, yea, I'd pay above market so as long as theyre there......then theres YSACW which is just kinda like, OK the SPAC isnt in any sense of the definition a standard SPAC deal. Its really going to come down to execution, with guys who know how to execute. 60c for 5 years on the warrants? Why not. Bidding against yourself? Who cares if the price is right, right?

On 1/24/2022 at 7:37 PM, thepupil said:

i bought some QQQ...moving from 5.5% "big tech" to 7.5%. I still feel egregiously underweight these (for the most part) high quality growing businesses at pretty reasonable/fair valuations.

I buy a good bit off index /month in my 401k which i don't consider part of my portfolio and is very small right now

I didn't want to preclear anything and just bought the ETF which is

12% AAPL

10% MSFT

6.5% AMZN

5% META

4% TSLA 🤮

GOOG, NVDA, GOOG again PEP, ADBE, etc. 

wont be bottom but whatever

I am starting to add to a QQQ 'proxy fund', which might be of interest to some - the Brown Advisory Sustainable Large Cap Fund (I'm buying the UCITS in Europe, but there's a Mutual Fund).

I see it a bit like QQQ 'without the bad stuff'.  The top holdings aren't as concentrated, but it only has about 30 holdings.

Top stuff is MSFT, GOOG, INTU, DHR, AMZN, AMT etc.

The UCITS has pretty much tracked QQQ which is decent given no Tesla.  I have a funny feeling that the Mutual Fund hasn't performed quite so well.  I think this may sometimes happen as the UCITS is a fair bit smaller so can be a bit nimbler changing things.

I am normally a bit suspicious of anything called 'Sustainable', but in this case, it seems to be more about the 'Quality' rather than being overly 'woke'.

Bought SPY Sep/Feb 400 put calendar spread @ $16.70

SPY has a gap at $400 ($2.71 gap). Gap theory says it is very likely to close. The game plan is to roll the short put as many months as necessary to close out the long put when SPY is close to the strike price.

It is also a smidgen of insurance vs. my long portfolio.

Edited by backtothebeach