What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

Guest Schwab711

MO LEAPS and common

I have the core business trading at ~9x FCF and I expect JUUL to be the primary catalyst as more data on the company comes out. The cost of the leverage is cheap. I think it's the kind of company that could see inflows due to increased risk aversion and from 'compounder' types looking for something non-tech.

Sold my BAC that i just bought (big position and up over 4% in less than a week). Happy to lock in the gain. Also sold most of the smaller positions i just bought on the big pop today. I have been very defensive this year. Capital preservation is my focus. I am happy if i can hit a couple of singles this year :-)

The economic news is getting worse. Happy to get back in cash and wait for the next down draft.

Making cvs + wba a 8-9% position . They both own > 40% of a consolidated market. Valuations look dirt cheap. Downside seems limited.  If amazon’s pillpack and haven ventures don’t work out to the scale expected, these stocks will be rerated

Amzn if serious about insurance and pharmacy may need store fronts similar to groceries. WBA could be a buyout candidate in that scenario as it not not playing the vertically integration game

Seems like PG&E's plan to cut power to people who can afford standby generators on windy days ought to give GNRC more than the usual post-hurricane boost in sales.  I've been a long term holder of a very small position.  It definitely trades on weather news a lot of the time.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-06-08/pg-e-cutting-power-in-california-s-wine-country-to-prevent-fires?srnd=premium

Bought a little bit of GNRC. I might get this one cheaper , but I like the sector and the brand equity. I also believe this sector has secular growth, even though near term results can vary, based on weather patterns.

Seems like PG&E's plan to cut power to people who can afford standby generators on windy days ought to give GNRC more than the usual post-hurricane boost in sales.  I've been a long term holder of a very small position.  It definitely trades on weather news a lot of the time.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-06-08/pg-e-cutting-power-in-california-s-wine-country-to-prevent-fires?srnd=premium

Bought a little bit of GNRC. I might get this one cheaper , but I like the sector and the brand equity. I also believe this sector has secular growth, even though near term results can vary, based on weather patterns.

I didn’t think of this angle and sold my few shares recently. Worked out OK. I keep this on my watch list , as I think it’s a secular growth play.