Share your Portfolio 2024

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Total portfolio is 47% stocks, 32.1% real estate, & 20.9% crypto.

Just looking at stocks only it is:  I grouped small holdings into OTHER at the bottom. 

JOE 22.41%
PBR.A 8.31%
FRFHF 6.49%
MSTR 5.68%
SRUUF 5.18%
TRRSF 4.95%
MSGE 3.87%
BN 3.49%
BYON 3.47%
NVEC 3.43%
WMB 3.07%
AIV 2.95%
AMZN 2.72%
NTDOY 2.61%
ISRG 2.43%
SEVN 2.08%
SWAV 1.99%
FRPH 1.65%
BAM 1.56%
ADI 1.40%
BRKB 1.39%
OTHER ( AAPL, CVEWS, EBAY, ENDI, FI, GENGF, MIDD, PAX, RICK, SDGR, SE, SPHR, TRUP, UI )

8.88%

EDIT:  Looking at my portfolio, you could say I like Real Estate (Private RE, JOE, MSGE, AIV,FRPH), Crypto (BTC, ETH, MSTR), ENERGY (PRB.A, SRUUF, WMB), and Insurance (FRFHF, TRRSF) the most.

pchart.jpg

Stocks.jpg

Edited by rkbabang

Updated allocation for now since last year. Not a lot has changed. I cleared out a lot of small positions to concentrate more on my best ideas. Over 2023 I added to CSU, BRK and BAC. Added new positions in FFH.TO, PARA and VIOO. Sold half my BN.

Capture.GIF

2 hours ago, Spooky said:

Updated allocation for now since last year. Not a lot has changed. I cleared out a lot of small positions to concentrate more on my best ideas. Over 2023 I added to CSU, BRK and BAC. Added new positions in FFH.TO, PARA and VIOO. Sold half my BN.

Capture.GIF

It’s hard to tell from the colour tones but what is the blue 46% position?  Is that BAC?

2 hours ago, Gregmal said:

Pretty much the same as I’ve been. Haven’t don’t much for awhile. eBay probably the only current candidate to become a new top 5. 

Could you just remind us newbies of what your current top 5 is? I followed you and others into JOE recently and would be curious to know. Thanks!

Bit late to the party here:

Fairfax: 40%

JOE: 12%

Citi: 8%

CLPR: 5% (shoot me pls)

Aecon: 5%

AIV: 3%

MSGE: 3%

FRPH: 3%

PCYO: 3%

STNE: 3%

About 20 small positions: ~15%

The above constitutes 75% of my active portfolio, cash is 25% of the remainder. 

Decided to pull some cash when the S&P hit like 4700, then took a month holiday, just getting back into researching. So that cash position I hope to reduce over the next month or two.

Edited by LC

13 minutes ago, dwy000 said:

Wow, that's a lot of positions!!  How do you find time to keep track of 40 positions plus do research for new ones?

I only research them when I buy and in many cases I let them sit there, until I see something happening (news, or share price movement) and then i take another look and may sell or buy more, depending on my view. I have not looked at ORI accounts this year for example - it just cruises along. (it was used in my tax deferred account as a source of funds down the road, that's why its gone there).

I know a fellow in another board who always has 100+ positions, some of them bought 25 years ago.

Edited by Spekulatius

BRK.b     37%

BOC        19%

JOE         15%

PYCO        4%

DFH          4%

MSGS/E    4%

DVA          2%

FRPH        2%

AIV            2%

PTLO        2%

VRE          2%

EBAY        2%

1% -- SODI, CLPR,CKX,SKYH/WS,CLF,

Cash       4%

Edited by cubsfan

59 minutes ago, dealraker said:

I won't bore those here with a portfolio dominated by holdings of 30-45 years but will mention what's either been added to or begun given almost all of it is influenced by interactions or reading here.  I have made my largest initial outlays in my life to the below all influenced by COBF posters:

Joe which was influenced by our beloved Greg after I posted to him, "I'll never-ever..."   Did a fast 180 once I ended my Rip Van Winkle jolted by Greg's very direct (and appreciated) writing style

LHX influence from Spek

RTX influence from Spek

For what it is worth, I think defense is unfortunately a solid growth industry now, very likely to do well.

WTW added to what I had at a great price...Spek again...he sold and I actually got more positive so the jury is out on this one LOL!

Meta slammed repeatedly into my head by Parsad.  Already owned Meta but added substantially at $95

Fairfax led by Viking...already owned it for 30 years but added many times the initial investment over a 2 and 1/2 year period

Selling these?  Not gunna happen for years in my case.

Indulge us.  From what you have mentioned Berkshire and Gallagher have been key stakes. Your posts have been really helpful in terms of developing my own views on investing and in particular the Charlie Munger’s view of “sitting on your hand”.  I am in the process of trying to illustrate this concept to my kids (young adults).  I think your journey would provide a useful analogy in addition to the usual investing gurus as I believe your net worth delta is arguably more impressive as it did not rely on OPM?

4 hours ago, nwoodman said:

Indulge us.  From what you have mentioned Berkshire and Gallagher have been key stakes. Your posts have been really helpful in terms of developing my own views on investing and in particular the Charlie Munger’s view of “sitting on your hand”.  I am in the process of trying to illustrate this concept to my kids (young adults).  I think your journey would provide a useful analogy in addition to the usual investing gurus as I believe your net worth delta is arguably more impressive as it did not rely on OPM?

Various accounts so I may miss something.  Year begun included:

Berkshire: inherited 1975, Dad had a whopping 100 A shares which wasn't worth much back then at all.   My bro, sis, step-mom and me all got 25 when dad died in 1975.  Even after I worked for the broker that sold the stock to dad (and he obsessed over Buffett)...it was at least 12 years (it was in a trust) before I knew much about Warren Buffett.  Hyper-active brain dead young man I was. 

AJG begun 1994

Berk and AJG are 80% or so.

This bunch below including what I posted in the initial post quoted above gets it to 96% or so, so another 16%:

Coke 1975 

Pepsi 1975

Note: every damn body in my area owned these two above back then...and I mean every damn body.

Norfolk Southern 1976 I inherited 1/27th of granny Sink's shares and it has now been in the family for 84 years and according to my cousin CPA who is a financial whiz it has compounded at 10 plus percent in these 84 years.  I have added to it multiple times including recently below $192 or so.

Erie Indemnity I think the year 2004 if I am not mistaken as my former insurance partner uses them in his firm and recommended it

Brown and Brown begun as Poe and Brown bought once 1994

Aon 1994

Marsh 1994

CSX late 1990's

Canadian National 2003 or so

Canadian Pacific about 2011

Mondelez begun as Cadbury in 2000

Tootsie Roll 1988

Markel 1988 Family worked there before beginning their own CPA firm and every damn body in Richmond clammored for Markel stock

Lowes early 1990's when they were destroying our builders supply business.  Back then we sold carpet, paint, basically everything that Lowes does.  Today we are a contractors only builders supply and millwork.  We sell via the millwork all over the southeast.

Fairfax early 1990's but substantially added to in the last almost 3 years

St Joe 2023 or whenever at $36.5 is the largest initial investment I've ever made

Think that's it except for a slew of small holdings which include some attained in tiny amounts long-long-long ago. 

Biggest sale for me ever was the Brookfield bunch.  I sold not because I thought I knew something bad, I sold because despite the business and stock dominating my time and mind I simply knew zero.  Best riddance in my life regardless of where the stocks go.  My mind is free of it and that's what counts most for me. 

Edited by dealraker
spellin'

^^^ @dealraker Nicely put on Brookfield. I'd say the same after holding BAM for 10 years as one of my top 2-3 positions. Sold it in 2023 after the continuing discussions about BAM on the board.

It reminds me of Munger who was describing a business owner friend of his who fired one of his top producing sales people - "He made me nervous, and I'm too old and rich to have to worry about him".

Being a software sales manager for 15 years - that always stuck with me.

Edited by cubsfan