Insider Trading By Politicians Should Be Stopped!

Totally agree. However your last two topics here may offend people like Rat Clown since they have a hint of politics....but I love em so keep it coming. 

You could also probably link this guy....

https://www.barrons.com/articles/sen-pat-toomey-bitcoin-ethereum-51625763320

If you have a silver spoon job and freeload off the taxpayer, you should be banned from investing in individual securities. Its no different than 90% of financial firms and law firms who prohibit such behavior to eliminate conflicts of interest. And for good reason. WTF do you need to invest for when you make that kind of moneybag the first place? Not saying those people shouldn't invest, but wait til theres no longer the conflict of interest or just stick to ETFs/index funds and managed accounts. 

There seems to be a pattern of politicians getting really rich (100 Million+) over their 30-40 years of career. They would tell you it is all legal business income from their family members. Well......

Or marrying hedge fund guys who obviously trade ethically and without abusing the system.....I always laughed how jerk off Paul Ryan did nothing with his life besides mooch the taxpayer and he s a multi-millionaire and now PE exec. AOC is a career bartender now wearing Prada and driving Teslas....

27 minutes ago, Gregmal said:

Totally agree. However your last two topics here may offend people like Rat Clown since they have a hint of politics....but I love em so keep it coming. 

You could also probably link this guy....

https://www.barrons.com/articles/sen-pat-toomey-bitcoin-ethereum-51625763320

If you have a silver spoon job and freeload off the taxpayer, you should be banned from investing in individual securities. Its no different than 90% of financial firms and law firms who prohibit such behavior to eliminate conflicts of interest. And for good reason. WTF do you need to invest for when you make that kind of moneybag the first place? Not saying those people shouldn't invest, but wait til theres no longer the conflict of interest or just stick to ETFs/index funds and managed accounts. 

Hey politicians serve a purpose and do a job 95% of us wouldn't want to do.  That being said, I don't know about the U.S., but here in Canada, if you are a Member of the Legislative Assembly in a province, Parliament, a Senator or work for a municipal government, you get a gold-plated pension plan that kicks in after like 11 years, and superb long-term health benefits.  I would guess that happens in the U.S. also.  So to crack down on people trading in their ROTH IRA's and making money, while quietly trading on insider information in their own accounts...stinks of hypocrisy!  Cheers!

3 minutes ago, Parsad said:

Hey politicians serve a purpose and do a job 95% of us wouldn't want to do.  That being said, I don't know about the U.S., but here in Canada, if you are a Member of the Legislative Assembly in a province, Parliament, a Senator or work for a municipal government, you get a gold-plated pension plan that kicks in after like 11 years, and superb long-term health benefits.  I would guess that happens in the U.S. also.  So to crack down on people trading in their ROTH IRA's and making money, while quietly trading on insider information in their own accounts...stinks of hypocrisy!  Cheers!

Here's an example in Canada:

https://www.pentictonherald.ca/news/article_6f7286de-ff86-11ea-8152-97e80e029848.html

Yep, there is a reason that even if they aren’t rich when they first take office all congresscritters end up rich.  “Serving” in government shouldn’t be a profitable career choice.