What do you want for Christmas?

NormR

Let's go with the tried and true:

Peace on Earth and goodwill towards men (and women)! 

Frankly, I have everything I need or want in this life except 50% more investment capital in the funds.  That would pretty much be it.  I get to do what I want with who I want.  I have a nice comfortable home.  Every day I pretty much do what I want.  The last thing left, which is my New Year's resolution, is to get into shape again!  I'm pretty happy.  Cheers!

I want to be able to read as many books as Shane at Farnam Street.

I would also like to have half the intelligence as some of the posters on this board.

Parsad, Ericopoloy, Giofranchi, Kraven, Luke,Bmichaud, Uccmal, muscleman, racemize, Cardboard, jeast, oddballstocks, packer, liberty, plan maestro, onyx, hyten, SharperDingaan, myth, valuecfa, merkhet, bargainvaluehunter, berkshiremystery, MrB and many more….

Thanks for all the help this year. 

I want to be able to read as many books as Shane at Farnam Street.

I would also like to have half the intelligence as some of the posters on this board.

Parsad, Ericopoloy, Giofranchi, Kraven, Luke,Bmichaud, Uccmal, muscleman, racemize, Cardboard, jeast, oddballstocks, packer, liberty, plan maestro, onyx, hyten, SharperDingaan, myth, valuecfa, merkhet, bargainvaluehunter, berkshiremystery, MrB and many more….

Thanks for all the help this year.

David,

while I agree with the Farnam Street’s part of your post, the second part is clearly too kind…!!!! We all know what an extremely experienced investor and very successful professional you are, and this wonderful board would be much poorer without you. We are all very lucky to have made your acquaintance through this great community of like-minded people! :)

Cheers,

Gio

The X-files showed us that the only way to get piece on Earth is for all people to die. Please don't wish for that! ;)

That wouldn't quite do it either.  Lions would still kill antelope and sharks would still kill seals, lobsters would still eat their young, etc.

The X-files showed us that the only way to get piece on Earth is for all people to die. Please don't wish for that! ;)

I guess then we'll need a strict definition of war first ;)

The only example I know outside of human behavior is wars between ant hills.

That wouldn't quite do it either.  Lions would still kill antelope and sharks would still kill seals, lobsters would still eat their young, etc.

I’m in my 4th house in 18 months. During the moves I’ve reduced the physical stuff that I own by about 40%. I don’t need any more stuff. If I was to get anything it would be a gift card so I can buy food. My cooking is my creative and artistic side and I could have fun doing some nice dishes so I can invite friends and family to enjoy them.

My parents are retired and are in fairly good shape – they have travelled 4,000 miles to be with us for December so having them around over the holidays with the two youngest kids is great (albeit a little tiring for those of us that have to work as well!!).

The only other thing I could wish for is our eldest child to be able to fly in and join us for the holidays. Sadly that won’t happen but we’ll make the most of it with the magic of skype!!

I hope you get what you wish for!! (OK BAC at $25 wouldn’t hurt….)