what are you selling today?

muscleman

I flipped the OZ I bought a couple weeks ago. It still trades at a hefty discount to their claimed NAV, but I can't pass up a nearly 50% gain in two weeks on no news. Just got kind of lucky catching a bottom on it.

Ya, it’s been quite the ride. Bought in 2020. Trying to water the flowers and pull the weeds here - letting winners run. Sitting on my hands, mostly, very interested to hear their commentary on current business conditions and the backlog. I think they earn +$6 this year. 

LL 

31 minutes ago, longlake95 said:

Trying to water the flowers and pull the weeds here - letting winners run. 

I've been guilty of sitting on losers too long while waiting for them to come back.  I think Buffett had a great quip about the stock not knowing that you own it. I was listening to a podcast yesterday from an investor, who has a concentrated book and he had a great line about not cutting the flowers and watering the weeds, but doing the opposite.  Rather than throwing good money at a bad business and hoping it will turn around he said "It's much easier to give birth than it is to resurrect the dead." 

Agreed. I think the biggest lesson for me the last 20 years, has been to constantly re-assess if your thesis has under-shot or over-shot as the fundamentals play out over time. If you’ve under-shot like I did with HPS.a, where the business has blossomed mightly ahead of my thesis, JUST SIT ON YOURS HANDS. Continually re-assess. Easy to say, hard to do. But sure is fun. 

Confirmation bias can really kill your returns. 

Edited by longlake95

ARES, BX, AMP, and GOOGL. 

all have done well for me. Would rather not sell, but I had racked up a decent size margin debt in these multiple real estate renovation projects and wanted to right myself while the markets are hot. 

Trimmed a few shares of META. I still have a good mid size position in it, but other than sitting on my hands and doing nothing, I don't I have any advantage over the hordes of analysts looking at a trillion dollar stock, so I think I'm better off looking at things that are overlooked and unloved. 

5 minutes ago, Dinar said:

Why did you sell YELLQ?  Thank you.

I merely trim it. I had 4% of my portfolio in it, which is a zero or multi bag situation depending on a litigation situation . After $SAVE fiasco, I have turned into a person without guts. Now I have about 2% of my portfolio in it and probably will keep holding till full liquidation. 

I have exchanged a large part of my alibaba position for tencent, reduced some prosus and added to tencent. I am planning to play it with 60% Prosus 40% Tencent as a full position and think thats optimal. 

My opinion on alibaba did not change but i think tencent is just the better business with better tailwinds. Small gain on the alibaba position in this short time frame.