What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

I bought some BP yesterday.

I looked at BP before but can't understand it. It doesn't seem to be that cheap. Maybe without the GOM saga, it can trade at $50, but that's it?

Regarding the dividend, since I am in the US, I have to pay double tax for the dividend, which make it not so attractive. IRS does not allow deduction from foreign oil companies.

Re IBM, it's the "free cash flow per share" that appeals to me. And continuous stock buybacks. Political mess has created a good buying opportunity in a great company, imo.

That's pretty fair....but I'm going to be greedy and wait for sub 170 before I buy.

It's been a tough year on the short side, but short positions are working today and may be turning the corner.

Amen to that. CRM finally turning, will re-investigate shorts of WDAY, LL, and FOSL.

Whats the short thesis on FOSL? Was looking at going long back when it was in the $90's a year ago but forgot about it

Re IBM, it's the "free cash flow per share" that appeals to me. And continuous stock buybacks. Political mess has created a good buying opportunity in a great company, imo.

That's pretty fair....but I'm going to be greedy and wait for sub 170 before I buy.

It'd be great if it was just 10% cheaper.  ;)

Anyone looking in to Orkla ASA have been looking in to this name and some good fund manger owns it.

Yep, came across this name when going through some old VII newsletters. Steve Romick (FPA) also discusses this in a forbes interview:

www.forbes.com/sites/steveforbes/2013/04/23/steve-romick-trade-into-the-gold-you-can-eat-farmland/4/

Orkla_holders.gif.60fc3c457a765b6231e92a5d0d4ac533.gif