What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

Yesterday wrote BRKB 187.5-strike, July 27 expiration puts for $1.55 per share. ...

To me, absolutely stunning what you have pulled off now for so many times during the last few months, boilermaker. Tapping the market for cash, as was it some kind of high quality beer pipeline with a hole.

You really need to report here, when you switch to oxygen. [boilermakers don't cheat with oxygen on Everest or K2.]

Yesterday wrote BRKB 187.5-strike, July 27 expiration puts for $1.55 per share. ...

To me, absolutely stunning what you have pulled off now for so many times during the last few months, boilermaker. Tapping the market for cash, as was it some kind of high quality beer pipeline with a hole.

You really need to report here, when you switch to oxygen. [boilermakers don't cheat with oxygen on Everest or K2.]

John, and the worst thing that can happen is I own more BRKB!

Boilermaker - otherwise known as a shot and a beer.

https://static.vinepair.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/boilermaker-inside.jpg

I haven't looked at the installment receipts. But I will now. Thanks.

Off the top of my head the IRs may be trading at a discount because the deal is trading at a discount now but not sure. Need to do homework now.

What do you like about VOD, Lance?,

Also a question for you here. - Good to see you back here on CoBF. [ : - ) ]

Hi John - nothing in particular.  I’ve been buying yieldy stuff as things sell off - i.e. D, PPL, BRX, KIM, MO, PM and PG - some of which I sell (in part or in whole) when they’ve recovered and some of which I hold if I think the dividend is safe.  Sort of a mechanical process.  Hope you are doing well.

Thanks

Lance

I haven't looked at the installment receipts. But I will now. Thanks.

Off the top of my head the IRs may be trading at a discount because the deal is trading at a discount now but not sure. Need to do homework now.

They used to but now at a small premium but maybe because they yield so much (not sure when deal is expected to close). I have heard some chatter that a deal break is possible after Ford fires the CEO and the BOD resigned, in which case you will get $33.3 back vs the $24.50 quote but I’m not sure of the technical aspect.

Hi John - nothing in particular.  I’ve been buying yieldy stuff as things sell off - i.e. D, PPL, BRX, KIM, MO, PM and PG - some of which I sell (in part or in whole) when they’ve recovered and some of which I hold if I think the dividend is safe.  Sort of a mechanical process.  Hope you are doing well.

Thanks

Lance

Looks like we have a similar strategy. :) Bought all the names you mentioned in the last 2 months and Imperial Brands,WBA,T,MDP,WPP,HSY,PEP,CHD,CPB,GIS,CLX.

I realized i can`t hold anything forever, so i finally sold VFC and created a new rule to sell if something in my dividend growth portfolio is >25% overvalued, bought more KMI,IBM and DDR with the money.