What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

1 hour ago, valueventures said:

Curious to hear your thesis on CRH. It's been on my watchlist, but I don't think I've seen it discussed in detail on CoBF. Thanks!

So I should have bought it a year ago, but I still think it is cheap, and I finally decided to do it given all the insider buying.  The quick version is that you have a business selling at half of the valuation of MLM or VMC.  It has tremendous tail winds and incredible pricing power.  The company is selling for 15x 2025 EPS, which I think the company will easily exceed.  VMC is forecasting double digit price increase in the aggregates business and the company will probably be able to do the same.  All the construction and repair is great for aggregates and cement, which company also produces.  At p/e of 15, nothing is priced in: no above inflation price increases, no volume growth, no accretive acquisitions.  

3 hours ago, Dinar said:

So I should have bought it a year ago, but I still think it is cheap, and I finally decided to do it given all the insider buying.  The quick version is that you have a business selling at half of the valuation of MLM or VMC.  It has tremendous tail winds and incredible pricing power.  The company is selling for 15x 2025 EPS, which I think the company will easily exceed.  VMC is forecasting double digit price increase in the aggregates business and the company will probably be able to do the same.  All the construction and repair is great for aggregates and cement, which company also produces.  At p/e of 15, nothing is priced in: no above inflation price increases, no volume growth, no accretive acquisitions.  

Very helpful, I appreciate it!

7 minutes ago, Paarslaars said:

Thought u bailed on that one due to poor management?

Nah, just not much going on in between their phase development but things are picking up quickly there. Not thrilled with the capital allocation and might have a chat with Mark soon, but its more sins of omission, not commission. 

Small adds to JOE and NTDOY.

I was tempted to sell something for more to deploy but I'd like to imagine that one day ( a very, very, very long time from now) that my descendants are going through my brokerage account after I pass and they find the stock equivalent of an episode of Hoarders. Except that instead of old magazines, it's full of hundred baggers 😂.

28 minutes ago, Saluki said:

Small adds to JOE and NTDOY.

I was tempted to sell something for more to deploy but I'd like to imagine that one day ( a very, very, very long time from now) that my descendants are going through my brokerage account after I pass and they find the stock equivalent of an episode of Hoarders. Except that instead of old magazines, it's full of hundred baggers 😂.

Haha! NTDOY and JOE are certainly good candidates. 

3 hours ago, Paarslaars said:

Starter in AMRK, blatently following Kuppy on this one.

Interesting.  I only had a quick look, but instinctively feel that companies like this don't tend to work.  I keep looking, but always end up with bullion ETFs instead.

Given the size, I imagine he may get a decent boost from others following.  I may well be wrong - good luck!

40 minutes ago, rkbabang said:

Sold CPNG calls that I bought a little over a month ago for a 146% gain and added to a few positions:  CPNG common, FRFHF, JOE, MSTR, & EBAY.

Also traded my CPNG calls for the common.