What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

18 minutes ago, Hektor said:

@KJP Out of curiosity, why Asbury? why at this price? Thanks,

I think Asbury is a good to very good (and well managed) business trading at less than 10x normalized earnings.  I recognize, though, that earnings are likely to come down as new car margins normalize.

Edited by KJP

Hershey, bought a decent sized chunk - 2% of the portfolio.

I’ve managed to build confidence in Hershey as a brand. Don’t have any insight in cocoa prices, but surely over the coming years they’ll normalize…fingers crossed. Monitoring GLP-1 related stuff, just kind of taking a wait and see approach.

I don’t think this is going to be a world beater, but I think buying dips over the next year or two will result in a decent return.

Mostly I just want to own some iconic brands and this one doesn’t seem too expensive/actually kind of cheap.

Edited by Malmqky

Bought 400 shares of BTI in my 401k. I’ve been letting my contributions stack, and all my high conviction ideas are trading at all time highs. 

It was down to BTI or more CLPR. I’m a bit of a yield hog in my 401k and tend to trade way better in my taxable accounts due to closet momentum chasing. 

28 minutes ago, ValueMaven said:

Bought some HES.  Oil decline is overdone, and there is an 8% spread into the deal.  It's a cheap bet on CVX, and the spread closing in early 2Q24.  CEO seems committed to the deal.

any reason why there is a gap in purchase price and current price?

31 minutes ago, juniorr said:

any reason why there is a gap in purchase price and current price?

Some of it is dividend differential, but mostly it’s the combination of Venezuelan risk and to a lesser extent the possibility of an antitrust challenge of the deal. 

On 2/3/2024 at 12:33 AM, Gregmal said:

For better or worse, I’ve been buying A LOT of Perishing Square last couple weeks. Tax stuff be damned. 

Interesting. What caused you to pull the trigger?