What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

I've bought trackers in the following companies:

Bolloré SA [CoBF Investment Ideas topic] [Company Website] For my part, ODET.PA has to wait for now,

Ackermans & van Haaren NV [No CoBF Investment Ideas topic so far] [Company Website] [Ticker : ACKB.BR][1],

Sofina SA [No CoBF Investment Ideas topic] [ Company Website ] [Ticker : SOF.BR] Yeah, I get my hair combed here - Financials are only available in French language![1],

HAL Trust [No CoBF Investment Ideas topic]  [Company website] [Ticker : HAL.AS][1], &

Pargesa Holding SA [No CoBF Investment Ideas topic]  [Company Website]  [Ticker : PARG.SWX][2].

- - - o 0 o - - -

1 H/T & credit wachtwoord for putting these companies on my radar.

2 H/T & credit tom for putting this company on my radar. Link to tom's post about it - perhaps tom will cringe even more now [ : - D ].

I have owned Pargesa in the past but found that this holding co is quite dull. I think they overpaid a bit for taking control of Imersys at this time. I also felt that the Belgian subholding GBL.BR is a better deal, because it is one level deeper in the holding structure and trades at a similar discount. I am not sure that this is still the case, but worth looking into.

Thank you Spekulatius,

I'll remember that. It's new territory for me, trying to find some interesting stuff down in Europe, outside Scandinavia, by trial and error method with pocket money. It's never too late to get to know something about new & other companies ["under the radar stuff"]. Time will tell where this brings me.

I've bought trackers in the following companies:

Bolloré SA [CoBF Investment Ideas topic] [Company Website] For my part, ODET.PA has to wait for now,

Ackermans & van Haaren NV [No CoBF Investment Ideas topic so far] [Company Website] [Ticker : ACKB.BR][1],

Sofina SA [No CoBF Investment Ideas topic] [ Company Website ] [Ticker : SOF.BR] Yeah, I get my hair combed here - Financials are only available in French language![1],

HAL Trust [No CoBF Investment Ideas topic]  [Company website] [Ticker : HAL.AS][1], &

Pargesa Holding SA [No CoBF Investment Ideas topic]  [Company Website]  [Ticker : PARG.SWX][2].

- - - o 0 o - - -

1 H/T & credit wachtwoord for putting these companies on my radar.

2 H/T & credit tom for putting this company on my radar. Link to tom's post about it - perhaps tom will cringe even more now [ : - D ].

John,

My concern with Bollore is what happens after Vincent Bollore retires? Does he have the depth of management in place that BRK does?  Look forward to your thoughts.

cheers

Zorro

RRGB after hours. This restaurant chain trades at extremely low EV/EBITDA ratio and normalized owner's earnings. The company needs a good operator to dial back its aggressive restaurant opening schedule and to focus on improving its menu and restaurant image. The chain is not broken beyond repair, but has disappointed now so many quarters that I would be amazed if the company doesn't get bought by PE. 

RRGB after hours. This restaurant chain trades at extremely low EV/EBITDA ratio and normalized owner's earnings. The company needs a good operator to dial back its aggressive restaurant opening schedule and to focus on improving its menu and restaurant image. The chain is not broken beyond repair, but has disappointed now so many quarters that I would be amazed if the company doesn't get bought by PE.

How are you estimating normalized earnings here? Same store sales are falling.

Also, it doesn't look like they even generated sufficient operating income to cover interest expense last Q.

Sold WHG (didn`t meet my "buy more" test on a second inspection, they will have lots of redemptions next quarter) and PEP (reached fair value). Bought more ENB (got a lot more comfortable after the latest earnings) and TAP. Bought back the FB put with a small gain and sold some puts on SYF.

Sold BRX, XOM and bought more MSM,ENB,IRM. Bought back SYF puts. I am slowly reducing my diversification and try to be a little more concentrated ( but within my limits and always with the goal to increase my income and the safety/quality/growth of that income ). My EUR/USD hedge was stopped out at breakeven.

Bought Arconic shares today.  Seems they are about to be sold.  Likely to Apollo

I am watching this stock too, but isn’t the relatively small premium to the current market cap ( rumored purchase price is $11B, current market cap is $9.8B) a concern. That’s just a 12% premium to the current price. This seems to be a difficult business to run and really not worth  as much than thought.

bot a small (speculative bio) position in ziop over the last month or so. not necessarily today but i haven't shared it because the "investing" community of which we are all apart of can be kinda judgmental from time to time and lets face it is a speculative bio these things generally dont work.