What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

I bought more Berkshire b shares yesterday and today.

Why are you buying shares in a company in terrible industry heading towards cyclical bottom?

Just kidding and teasing oddball.  8)

HA!! Although that argument could be made for some of BRK's holdings.

It is to me true. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

- Good luck, Charlie - We are in the same camp.

You are right about the discount but I don't find any good alternative. If anyone has an idea they are welcome.

One alternative that gets you American exercise is to go with SVXY or UVXY options, but that's at the cost of value decay from contango in the underlying while volatility is low (reversing to backwardization when volatility is high).  I agree with you that there doesn't seem to be a good alternative for volatility options with long duration that doesn't suffer from either European exercise or decay due to contango.

ABC - Amerisource Bergen ,  looks reasonably cheap given all the headwinds. Growing revenues low to mid single digits. Industry has oligopolistic characteristics. Long term contracts . If generic price deflation subsides, pretty decent upside

V.POE

A unique opportunity to participate in a potentially large discovery in Indonesia via Repsol with limited downside to around $1. Well should be finished drilling on August 31 and then decision on further testing or not will decide the fate of this investment. Based on estimated reserves, a successful well would result in astronomical returns.

Cardboard