What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

3 hours ago, Gregmal said:

Closed this out which now makes the higher leverage MGK puts totally on the house and then some. Also funded more Nintendo 

This comment was in reply to a question I asked.  I'm extremely grateful to you for the explanation - it helped me think about options differently, and consequently has made the last week a lot more comfortable for me than it otherwise would have.  Thanks again!  And congrats.

Viemed (VMD.TO) - medical device company, good little compounder with huge runway, sales hit by COVID, I estimate it is trading around 20x current year earnings and growing 20% per year.   Roughly 15x next year analyst ]estimates.  Sold off recently with other medical companies.

Edited by no_free_lunch

42 minutes ago, Gregmal said:

Didn’t see anything. Dropped Wolf a quick message but I’m out shopping for a solid slab of spare ribs to smoke this afternoon so pretty much just going off the tape in front of me. $1.07-1.12 got a handful. 

No news the company is aware of, per the Chief Executive.

Closed S&P puts for a gain

Still holding long puts on Apple and RIVN as partial market hedges

Sold OTM puts against my ITM puts on GLD to lock in recent profits. Used proceeds to add to my SBSW position which I want to accumulate long-term as I do expect gold/precious metals to outperform equities this decade - just hedging expected weakness from positive real rates/USD which GLD had been resilient to up until a week or two ago with the puts. 

Added to ZROZ and POAHY with proceeds of S&P puts. 

Edited by TwoCitiesCapital

2 minutes ago, Spekulatius said:

POAHY / Porsche Holding is a stock that has forgotten that it can go up.

Yup. No immediate catalyst to close NAV gap. Both VW and P911 have turned down recently which seems to be driving the sell off here too. 

It doesn't rally when it's assets rally, but sells off in sympathy when they drop 🤷‍♂️

Not a huge position for me - but I love Porsche cars and feel good owning the company at a sizable discount.