What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

Sold GOOGL/KKR/PYPL in my retirement account and purchased slightly more shares of each in my taxable account. Trying to get as many of my tax inefficient securities as possible into retirement account. Eg tobacco, reits, etc. 

Started BIP in my retirement account with proceeds from sales of non / low dividend paying stocks which I switched to taxable acct. 

Added to BTI and PM. 

My 401k is starting to look like a seeking alpha dividend growth portfolio with a twist of BX variable dividend. 

48 minutes ago, Charlie Mason said:

Sorry if thats not the theme but I wish you could elp me with an issue. In IB, I have profits in my P&L and I have never sold anything. How it can be that my return since inception is negative?

Could be currencies - if you do have foreign stocks

The bad joke above aside, the ad targeting here on this side really blows. I don't know why the algo here thinks that I am target audience for female swimsuits. I would have expected some ads from Ken Fisher here or crypto scams.

For  while, I did get an ad for mail order brides from Ukraine, which at least makes some sense based on keywords that were discussed here in one thread.

11 minutes ago, Spekulatius said:

The bad joke above aside, the ad targeting here on this side really blows. I don't know why the algo here thinks that I am target audience for female swimsuits. I would have expected some ads from Ken Fisher here or crypto scams.

For  while, I did get an ad for mail order brides from Ukraine, which at least makes some sense based on keywords that were discussed here in one thread.

The AI’s target function is likely based on clicks, not based on if you actually make a purchase 

On 3/1/2023 at 1:46 PM, Dinar said:

@dealraker, if I may ask, why did you size them so differently?  How do you think about sizing positions in general?  Thank you.

Dinar...had forgotten about this one too as to Berk in another account:

02/27/2023 03/01/2023  
BRKB
315 $305.77 -$96,318.09

48 minutes ago, sleepydragon said:

The AI’s target function is likely based on clicks, not based on if you actually make a purchase 

I have not clicked on anything, despite the tempting displays. The ad AI definitely watches what you are typing or elsewhere looking for. Ever since I have researched and purchased a car, i get bombed with car ads in youtube for example, but I have never seen a car ad here on this site.

Edited by Spekulatius

2 minutes ago, Saluki said:

Added some VTS on the dip.  A little more TV and CPNG. (still selling a slug of my ATCO every few days and redeploying). 

Why are you so bullish on TV? Looks like the merger with MegaCPO is dead for the time being.

(FWIW- I hold MegaCPO shares)

added a little SWBI. It dropped 6% yesterday, I assume it was on a false rumor that was trending on twitter that that they endorsed the Proud Boys (They showed a photo with a tacticool shirt from Perception Brands ("PB") which the outrage mob assumed Proud Boys merch).  

added a little VSTO (still a small position but the ammo part that I'm interested in will be the remainco, and the whole thing doesn't look too bad now that they fired the acquisition happy CEO).