What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

3 hours ago, Gregmal said:

Got gold?

My June $175 Call options that were purchased OTM several months back are looking decent with this recent breakout from the recent consolidation. 

Risked less than 0.5% of the portfolio, but now ITM on a notional that is ~20% of the portfolio value. 

Gold has often bottomed just before the first set of rate hikes so I think mich of the hiking is already priced in. 

I know everyone here likes stocks for an inflationary environment, but the track record of gold in response to negative real rates/financial repression is enviable. 

5 hours ago, Gregmal said:

I absolutely hate gold but I like money and the setup Q4 into 2022 was a good one. Would be surprised if it doesn’t continue.

I do as well but I bought a bit of GOLD and a Gold ETF in Q3 2021. Its more or less a cash substitute for me at present. In my country the gains on some GOLD ETFs are tax free after a holding period of 12 months that why I added the ETF to GOLD

On 1/7/2022 at 9:30 AM, Longnose said:

Bought MOMO 10$ calls for April yesterday. 

MOMO has announced a special dividend for the past several Februarys and usually has a nice run up into mid Feb. Short term speculative play. 

Closed these and bought more 11$ and 12$ strikes - Small position. 

42 minutes ago, Spekulatius said:

SWMAY has not benefited from the factor driven rush into tobacco stocks. I also have been adding more shares.

It's a growth stock. Long duration cashflows. Multiple compression! Which is awesome, as they - unlike the knobheads at Big Tobacco - buyback shares meaningfully. But yeah, a bit surprised with the price action considering BATS seems to have thrown in the towel somewhat in the US with regards to nicotine pouches, and Swedish Match absolutely crushed it.