I Need a Laugh. Tell me a Joke. Keep em PC.

doughishere

This made me laugh today.  I wasn't sure if I should put this here or in the What are you listening to thread, but I figured it's more funny than good, so here.     Zuck tending bar while Musk sings.  Sorry to RickRoll everyone but here it is:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Itchy Feet’s Map of Every European City [October 10th 2018]. A must-have reference tool for every investor interested in European Real Estate.

itchy-feet-map-every-european-city.jpg?resize=760%2C635&ssl=1

- - - o 0 o - - -

Itchy Feet’s Map of Every American City [October 17th 2018].  A must-have reference tool for every investor interested in American Real Estate.

Itchy Feet: Map of Every American City

Edited by John Hjorth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, backtothebeach said:

Israeli satire

Funny and sad. Good satire is difficult to distinguish from real news:

https://globalnews.ca/news/10130749/canada-christmas-racist-debate/

“The climate denialism of the Conservative Party of Canada is putting future white Christmases at risk. And that’s why on this side of the House, we stand for Christmas,” Trudeau exclaimed.

Maybe that's why humankind developed religion and philosophy? To try to keep the whims of lesser minds (politicans et al.) in check.

Interesting story by Kahneman:

https://www.ubs.com/microsites/nobel-perspectives/en/laureates/daniel-kahneman.html

Why do people believe in these conclusions? Partly because people we love and trust believe in the same conclusion. Kahneman calls this being "emotionally coherent." It’s psychologically coherent, but not in the sense that it provides solid evidence. Voting, he says, is emotionally driven and one of the most powerful emotions is anger. It leads people to seek out a shared enemy.

Kahneman shares a story of his childhood in Paris, where he grew up Jewish in World War II. "I’d gone out to play with a friend and I had my sweater with my star on it," he says. He’d turned it inside out, so no one would see it. "I saw a German soldier in a black uniform, and I knew that those were absolutely the worst,” he continues. “We walked towards each other and then he called me. I was afraid that he would see the star inside the sweater, but he didn’t. He hugged me and showed me pictures of a little boy. And he actually gave me some money."

Both went their separate ways, but the significance of the interaction remains with him to this day. "It showed the complexity of people. He would have killed me easily, but in that context, he was just a father of a little boy."

Even in our present society, Kahneman knows that society has no historical memory. All sides use powerful emotional triggers, they speak to people’s fear and direct their anger towards the unknown.

Sadly, pogroms will exist as long as there are humans.

The key characteristics of the post-truth era according to ChatGPT include:

1. Decline of Fact-Based Discourse: Facts and rational arguments often take a back seat to emotional appeal and personal beliefs. In many instances, objective truth becomes secondary to the power of personal conviction or the resonance of a particular narrative.

2. Rise of Social Media: Social media platforms have accelerated the spread of misinformation and disinformation. They allow for the rapid dissemination of unverified or false information, often tailored to reinforce existing beliefs or biases.

3. Polarization and Echo Chambers: Online spaces frequently become echo chambers, where individuals are exposed primarily to viewpoints that reinforce their own. This can lead to increased polarization, as people become more entrenched in their beliefs and less open to differing perspectives.

4. Manipulation of Information: In the post-truth era, there is often deliberate manipulation of information to influence public opinion or political outcomes. This can include the use of propaganda, misleading or deceptive narratives, and outright falsehoods.

5. Distrust in Traditional Media and Institutions: There's a growing skepticism towards traditional media outlets and expert opinions. The abundance of alternative sources of information (of varying credibility) has contributed to a general distrust in established institutions and media.

6. Impact on Democracy and Society: The post-truth era poses challenges to democratic processes and civil discourse. Decision-making based on misinformation or manipulated facts can have significant consequences on governance, policy-making, and societal cohesion.

Edited by formthirteen

For all of us from Apollo and from Blackstone, while especially for those of us with a sweet tooth for alts [ 😀 ] :

Apollo :

Youtube : Apollo Global Management : Apollo Presents: No New Toys

Blackstone :

Youtube - Blackstone : Blackstone’s 2023 Holiday Video: The Alternatives Era

Enjoy! 😀

Edited by John Hjorth

2 hours ago, John Hjorth said:

For all of us from Apollo and from Blackstone, while especially for those of us with a sweet tooth for alts [ 😀 ] :

Apollo :

Blackstone :

Enjoy! 😀

I thought the Blackstone video was the funnier one...especially once they began the song/tour.  Watching Steve Schwartzman wearing the gold lamme jackets and pants was worth it!  Also liked the jabs at Blackrock.  Cheers!

7 hours ago, John Hjorth said:

Apollo :

Blackstone :

Enjoy! 😀

This has  “Dancing as long as the music is playing vibes”.