what are you selling today?

muscleman

7 hours ago, Parsad said:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/macys-mulling-58-billion-buyout-offer-source-230606275.html

Tomorrow morning, I'm going to make on Macy's in the last six months, as much as I've made on META in the last year and FFH in the last three years!  I believe Castanza will be quite happy too! 

Cheers!

Still regretting selling your overstock?

Congrats. 

21 hours ago, Parsad said:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/macys-mulling-58-billion-buyout-offer-source-230606275.html

Tomorrow morning, I'm going to make on Macy's in the last six months, as much as I've made on META in the last year and FFH in the last three years!  I believe Castanza will be quite happy too! 

Cheers!

You’re beyond killing it. 

I have been in the midst of dumping my failed bio-tech net-nets this month. Turns out I'm not good at handicapping which will rationally return capital and which will continue to throw shareholder equity on the craps table for another dice throw.

The one I'm continuing to hold is FIXX as a special level of torture. $1 basis, at least $1.36 a share in net cash + up to 30 cents in an equity investment, trading at 56 cents after announcing a reverse merger. 

18 minutes ago, ValueArb said:

I have been in the midst of dumping my failed bio-tech net-nets this month. Turns out I'm not good at handicapping which will rationally return capital and which will continue to throw shareholder equity on the craps table for another dice throw.

The one I'm continuing to hold is FIXX as a special level of torture. $1 basis, at least $1.36 a share in net cash + up to 30 cents in an equity investment, trading at 56 cents after announcing a reverse merger. 

Have you looked at 2Seventy? I think the ceo might get kicked out if the activist fund have their ways.

I missed it when 2Seventy dropped to 1seventy ($1.70) , it’s now more than $3. 

7 minutes ago, sleepydragon said:

Have you looked at 2Seventy? I think the ceo might get kicked out if the activist fund have their ways.

I missed it when 2Seventy dropped to 1seventy ($1.70) , it’s now more than $3. 

Get behind Me, Satan! Spare me your temptations for I have chosen to only walk the path of the righteous and profitable in their daily business!

Ok, thanks, I'll take a look.

1 hour ago, ValueArb said:

Get behind Me, Satan! Spare me your temptations for I have chosen to only walk the path of the righteous and profitable in their daily business!

Ok, thanks, I'll take a look.

Galecto (GLTO) may tempt you also.

BAC BHP AJG SPY VFVA

Working to get out of some smaller positions and consolidate holdings across accounts. I want more concentration than I've had previously. Some of these positions (BHP AJG) I'm sure would serve me quite well even going forward however I am not happy enough with the expected returns to make a large position. 

Also getting out of index funds completely other than my employer plan. 

Sold my cost basis in federal signal. A direct beneficiary of infrastructure and reshoring but 35x pe is a little much. The majority of the industrial segment is crazy expensive right now. I love the sector since I can understand it better than others but graco at 30x federal signal at 35x Tennant at 28x, Ingersoll rand at 42x and all the materials at 30-40x just seems nuts.

Its funny when you have Linemar the maker of skyjack sitting there at like 9x and Oshkosh at 13x

1 hour ago, sleepydragon said:

What do you think of THRX?

Its interesting, I'm not going to value a CVR very highly so I'd like to pick it up cheaper but there is a good potential that Orbimed/Foresite pay more than Tang. So far I've held off hoping it will get cheaper.

Sold my DCBO odd lots from mine/client accounts. Bought at $45 thinking I could tender them at $55 and get 100% accepted since each of us only owned 99 shares. These were all IRAs so theoretically there is no tax on the canadian distribution which would have been $7/share in a taxable account. 

But for some reason it's been moving up the last week and I considered selling at $48 to avoid the hassle and risk that I'd still get stuck paying tax withholding due to broker/company misunderstanding of law, and also the risk that so many odd-lotters will lead DCBO to remove the odd lot provision. Luckily I waited and sold at $51.29 (!?) today. No idea whats going on, and looks like I sold too early, $51.68 and still climbing.