What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

Bought some $DE stock.  This is the agriculture equipment company John Deer.  It's a long term compounder selling at 11 PE.   There is a bit of debt, I think around 6x FCF, so some risk but this has historically been a niche sector and perhaps near oligopoly.  Obviously some risks from competition but has historically performed well.

Edited by no_free_lunch

19 minutes ago, cwericb said:

Like your way of thinking. Too overweight in FFH but looking for a chance for more TVK.

Thanks.  Not as cheap as it was, but if they keep on firing as they have been, hopefully buying today will work out over time.

Nintendo - not sure why people are surprised YOY sales are trash when last Q2 had the Mario movie and Zelda. Not to mention the Switch has been selling far better than it should be for a couple years now. The company continues to protect it's IP, become less cyclical and more digital, and has obvious catalysts/levers to pull.

Fairfax - Already overweight but this seems too easy. 

Also took profits on some commodity stuff/companies without a ton of upside that weren't hammered today. Cash ready to deploy...

15 minutes ago, Eldad said:

It’s getting pretty bad out there. Maybe it’s about to get a little fun who knows. 

Let's see if this downward momentum has legs. I'm hoping we get some better opportunities from here.

5 hours ago, no_free_lunch said:

Bought some $DE stock.  This is the agriculture equipment company John Deer.  It's a long term compounder selling at 11 PE.   There is a bit of debt, I think around 6x FCF, so some risk but this has historically been a niche sector and perhaps near oligopoly.  Obviously some risks from competition but has historically performed well.

have you looked at $CNH? might interest you. 

So I bought ERF in the last month, which makes it a new fifth position in my well diversified portfolio:). I am not sure how I feel about this, but, together with FFH, this makes it is a second company I own now, which is under attack from MW. So far so good (bought it at ~46+ EUR price), but still watch it carefully every day. But despite of this, YTD I was a net seller, and currently am ~80+ invested (from ~110+ at the end of the last year) mainly by further reducing BRKB and META, trimming other big positions somewhat and completely selling other / smaller / more speculative things, which together accounted for a substantial amount of total sales.

Edited by UK