What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

23 hours ago, Malmqky said:

A little Warrior Met Coal.

Looking at SBUX, ULTA, LULU. White girl stocks.

The girls who go to these places come in all colors as far as I can tell.

In my opinion ULTA>LULU> SBUX in term of stock attractiveness.  Might even be true for the attractiveness of the girls who frequent these outfits. 

1 hour ago, Spekulatius said:

The girls who go to these places come in all colors as far as I can tell.

In my opinion ULTA>LULU> SBUX in term of stock attractiveness.  Might even be true for the attractiveness of the girls who frequent these outfits. 

Nahh...why Starbucks last?

2 minutes ago, Luca said:

Nahh...why Starbucks last?

Because Starbucks stores are nothing special. Try the boutique coffee places which now exist in any larger town. Thats where you are going to see eye candy.

I am uncertain about ULTA>LULU because I have never been to an ULTA store - not my thing, so I am just guessing here.

I do like the stock however.

2 hours ago, Spekulatius said:

Because Starbucks stores are nothing special. Try the boutique coffee places which now exist in any larger town. Thats where you are going to see eye candy.

I am uncertain about ULTA>LULU because I have never been to an ULTA store - not my thing, so I am just guessing here.

ULTA seems better to me if for no other reason than they sell consumables vs durables. A pair of $90 plastic yoga pants can last 3-4 years, but not ULTA make-up, plus you could argue LULU’s products are in more of a consumer fad category, while makeup is not. 

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, keegomaster said:

Purchase order on Terravest (TVK) went through two days ago. Increased position by 10%.

Bought a little too. I would like to double up but don’t really want to at this price. But it’s likely really cheap with Highland and AEP annualized. 

Everybody else on this page worried about the crazy whims of women consumers. Haha I’ll take steel tanks rather than try to figure that out. 

Edited by Eldad

11 hours ago, Eldad said:

Bought a little too. I would like to double up but don’t really want to at this price. But it’s likely really cheap with Highland and AEP annualized. 

Everybody else on this page worried about the crazy whims of women consumers. Haha I’ll take steel tanks rather than try to figure that out. 

Agreed. TVK is not expensive, that's why I'm buying on pullbacks. I also have some buy orders for FFH around 1430 to 1450 so hoping those get filled too if markets retreat a little. 

On 6/1/2024 at 1:30 PM, Spekulatius said:

Sometimes I go to these boutique coffee places in LA, along with a trip to Erewhon

Then I wonder how I ended up in Los Angeles, just how it happened

Bought a little OXY on the dip. 

And trimmed a little STNG and bought some TNP so that I can still ride the product tanker wave, but do it with a company trading at a lower NAV to protect the downside. 

If someone had standing orders placed for limits of say $250 would those have filled? How quickly was it caught? And IF they were filled would they then be retracted? I think this obviously would be corrected.

I remember when I was younger someone at the bank (teller?) made a deposit mistake of something like $500 into my account (that was a lot for me at 16) and I thought it was great...but it was caught obviously by the end of the day or the next and they pulled the money back out. Who knew all those years playing Monopoly, there actually never is a "bank error in your favor" ! 

The trades that were obviously erroneous should be busted. I do wonder about the trades that were within the realm of fair value. Will this guy get bailed out? 648k is just 3% off a reasonable fair value, but that's still 17k instant loss because of entering a market order for 1 share. There were prints up to 742k.

my-brk-a-got-filled-v0-2p72auns5f4d1.png

Lots of things on sale in the past couple of days.  Even though I have enough I couldn't resist a little OXY under $60 and CPNG. 

Slowly building my small positions in TNP, TAYD and KRKNF on the dips.