What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

Started new positions in EPD and SU. These are both about half of my current full size position, but larger than my normal starter positions because I know I'm going to have an extra K1 to deal with at tax time, and I'm honestly trying to put some money to work. 

These are both names that have been in my periphery for years, but I haven't quite pulled the trigger. At this point I have a lot of exposure to alternative asset managers, real estate, a big GOOGL position, and large T-bill position. Counting just my liquid net worth in taxable accounts, even after my recent purchases I'm still sitting on 40% cash and T-bills. 

Ultimately I think I'm going to need to increase my position sizing, and revisit the issue of concentrating my portfolio more. 

Edit 

Also added to PM in my taxable account. This is my largest holding in 401k. 

Edited by RedLion

3 hours ago, Malmqky said:

A good chunk of MSGE at ~$35ish...looking into Tencent/Prosus.

An analyst report from Goldman citing “valuation” on MSGE….can think of a few things but valuation certainly ain’t one. The book report writers never cease to amaze.

37 minutes ago, Gregmal said:

An analyst report from Goldman citing “valuation” on MSGE….can think of a few things but valuation certainly ain’t one. The book report writers never cease to amaze.

Whoops, better sell my entire position!

Didn't realize the Garden's true value is only $800m or whatever everything else they own is worthless! Good thing Goldman is here to set me straight with their superior intellect and unbiased opinion!

1 hour ago, Gregmal said:

Didn’t Goldman get their cut of investment banking fees??

Just now, cubsfan said:

Didn’t Goldman get their cut of investment banking fees??

They have a $40 target, but none of it makes sense. I continue to be a very happy camper as there remains plenty of opportunity to buy world class assets because folks manufacture a consensus idea that they should not trade for what they’re worth. Garden should trade for a fraction of its replacement cost, St Joe should trade on an earnings multiple, AIV does development so the assets aren’t worth what they’re worth, Nintendo will never be sold so you can’t put a value on its IP….on and on.

Anyhow, FRPH is another one that fits the bill; I’ve been adding a bunch to lately.

Trying to buy more MSGE, limit order not filled yet..

Bought starters in MO, BTI, PM. Welcome to hearing any suggestions regarding additions to this tobacco basket, please and thank you.

Edited by Malmqky

7 minutes ago, Malmqky said:

Bought starters in MO, BTI, PM. Welcome to hearing any suggestions regarding additions to this tobacco basket, please and thank you.

You might want to have a look at Japan Tobacco

2 minutes ago, Spekulatius said:

Going all in on European Holdcos. I see. Sofina could be interesting for you  - it’s a bit like a publicly traded VC fund. I am not sure how good they are though:

IMG_0988.png

Thanks for recommending! 🙂

added a few shares of JOE on the dip. I'd like to see a 3 in front of the price before I buy in size, but I don't have any new ideas, and among my existing holdings, I think even at a not-cheap price it will be higher in 5 years.  

I like FFH at these prices, but when I look at that (my 4th biggest holding) and add it to BRK (my biggest), I feel like I might be overweight on insurance/financials.  Still, it's well run and management has integrity, so maybe I'm overthinking it.