What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

2 hours ago, nwoodman said:

7974.T Nintendo, exited a gaggle of minor Japanese positions.  

Going to hold off and get a bit greedy here, my average buy 6400¥, let's see if I get to average down.

First I need to see what I can sell to free up some cash... 

Edited by Paarslaars

Just now, Paarslaars said:

Going to hold off and get a bit greedy here, my average buy 6400¥, let's see if I get to average down.

Going to see what I can sell to free up some cash...

You stand a good chance, the circuit breakers have been popping on the TSE 😉

Just now, backtothebeach said:

Sure does, current bid-ask 1045-1049, down 3%.

I know when I'm panicking on the stock market a newly cashed-up Berkshire and a leveraged government bond portfolio in Fairfax are the first sell buttons I smash!

9 minutes ago, gfp said:

I know when I'm panicking on the stock market a newly cashed-up Berkshire and a leveraged government bond portfolio in Fairfax are the first sell buttons I smash!

Thats why i loved being in Fairfax the last 2 years. Can enjoy sunshine and really can enjoy the storm 😄  (stock market storm, please no big hurricane xD)

Edited by Luke

3 minutes ago, valueventures said:

Can't buy anything with Schwab being down. Crazy stuff

I have a second account at a neobroker and they also have huge problems...too many retail traders trading 😄 

1 hour ago, valueventures said:

I've been able to buy. Picked up some OXY and FRFHF

edit: Seems I got in before the outage. Can't log in anymore. Lovely...This happens far too often on big trading days. Downright criminal imo. 

Edited by Castanza

14 minutes ago, valueventures said:

I cant get into my Fidelity account

Seems to be resolved 

Edited by Blugolds
Resolved

Crazy for me personally to read that some you posting above can't get to your funds on a day like this, if you find it time to act.

Personally I've never  really been there, left behind, as customer, this way. 

Simply not good enough by the financial institution that leaves you behind, hanging to dry. Be demanding, relentless, ruthless and mercyless.

Life is too short for that kind of BS.

Best of luck with these issues. 

48 minutes ago, John Hjorth said:

Crazy for me personally to read that some you posting above can't get to your funds on a day like this, if you find it time to act.

Personally I've never  really been there, left behind, as customer, this way. 

Simply not good enough by the financial institution that leaves you behind, hanging to dry. Be demanding, relentless, ruthless and mercyless.

Life is too short for that kind of BS.

Best of luck with these issues. 

Yeah that's crazy. If that happened, I'd take my money out of there

VIX over 35 is a slam dunk buy signal. Especially when the opportunity is created by some Twitter mouth breathers who are showcasing that theyre the only people on WS who are actually stuck in the office in early August. 

Ive never even come close to losing money shorting 10% OTM near-mid duration puts on blue chips with the VIX at those levels. 

4 minutes ago, Gregmal said:

VIX over 35 is a slam dunk buy signal. Especially when the opportunity is created by some Twitter mouth breathers who are showcasing that theyre the only people on WS who are actually stuck in the office in early August. 

Ive never even come close to losing money shorting 10% OTM near-mid duration puts on blue chips with the VIX at those levels. 

Maybe so. I’m kind of frustrated as nothing of high quality is even really close to cheap yet. 

1 minute ago, Eldad said:

Maybe so. I’m kind of frustrated as nothing of high quality is even really close to cheap yet. 

Sure there is. Its just when we take 50 different fabricated adjustments and then claim "in a recession" XYZ will happen...sure, nothing "looks cheap". In the real world though theres plenty.