What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

Snagged some HCC pre-market 🙂 Nice little gain.

Also bought some Atkore Friday. Not really sure if I want to make it a full position but there’s lots of things to like..

2 hours ago, Paarslaars said:

Because of your conviction in Prosus or dissatisfaction with Exor?

I like Exor but really like Prosus. Fundamentally much better business at much better valuation with management incentives to work on the discount

15 hours ago, Lance said:

Jardine Matheson

Thanks

Lance

Can't believe how cheap it is, though I'm rusty on it, so don't know how affected by all the deals they've done this is.

Maybe they're better now, but I've generally steered clear as the Keswicks have generally been a family that don't seem to care about shareholders, just themselves, which I find problematic in a family holding co.

But maybe new generation are taking over & improving things.

50 minutes ago, KPO said:

I look at this one periodically. Which exchange / ticker do you invest in here? 

Make sure that it is not a PFIC for US tax purposes.  Otherwise nightmare unless held in an IRA account.

2 minutes ago, brobro777 said:

Bought some KRUS

What's your thought process behind this purchase? KRUS seems still pretty expensive to me? Many Stocks in the QSR are at 15 or below 15PE. then why KRUS?

6 minutes ago, plusalpha said:

What's your thought process behind this purchase? KRUS seems still pretty expensive to me? Many Stocks in the QSR are at 15 or below 15PE. then why KRUS?

Oh I just thought I'd take a shot. I think there's a lot of demand for sushi that will continue to grow in the US and I figure there's going to be one chain restaurant for sushi that works. I also personally like the conveyor belt concept because I don't have to wait to start eating and I like the fact that the company is being run by guys from Japan who proved they know what they're doing. These companies in growth phases tend to be expensive and I figured there's gonna be volatility that results in big ups and downs in the stock and I think the recent 50% crack is probably a decent entry point

I can check back on the stock in 5 years and hey, maybe I'll get lucky haha

16 hours ago, KPO said:

I look at this one periodically. Which exchange / ticker do you invest in here? 

Jardine Matheson Holdings Ltd. ADR (JMHLY)

Thanks

Lance