What have you been drinking lately?

Ross812

Sleeman’s beer is way better, & just up the road from me.

And the reason for the 50 year interruption – they got caught bootlegging into the US prohibition. Can’t ask for a much better pedigree than that!

SD

Umm yes you can Kronenbourg since 1664. Sleeman's history is actually not that good. They had a good brewing team then pushed them out when they sold. Now those guys make Steam Whistle and that's actually a really good beer. Can't figure out why it's so expensive.

Boy all this talk kinda makes me wanna grab one.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you not use margarita mix bskptkl? The marg I made the other day was:

3 parts Margaritaville mix

1 part tequila

1 part triple sec

1/2 part lime juice

splash of OJ

and it was delicious. I think lime juice/OJ are the keys, lots of people don't use them at all or don't use enough (e.g. 1 lime slice per drink is not nearly enough for the lime juice).

boilermaker75,

Unfortunately I highly doubt Mt Carmel gets much distribution outside of Cincinnati. Their brewery is a converted farmhouse so pretty tiny; they have 2-3 medium-sized vats if I remember correctly.

Don't like the sugar in the mixes. Getting thirsty reading these...

Don't like the sugar in the mixes. Getting thirsty reading these...

I did too, so for today I picked out some Blanche de Chambly. A nice unfiltered wheat bear made by a company outside of Montreal. Not a big fan of white beers, but this one hits the spot once in a while.

I did too, so for today I picked out some Blanche de Chambly. A nice unfiltered wheat bear made by a company outside of Montreal. Not a big fan of white beers, but this one hits the spot once in a while.

La fin du monde is one of my all time favorites. I'm drinking rye Manhattans, with antica vermouth, bbq smoke and angostura bitters and luxardo cherries. And with stock prices where they are I'm drinking more than one.

West Coast IPA with Citra Dry Hop

Double Stout infused with vanilla

All homebrewed.

BeerBaron

I see you chose your name meticulously. Sounds very yummy. I tried brewing out in my teenage years, I was so bad at it the beer was nearly undrinkable. Obviously being teens we didn't waste a single drop anyway...

Might I suggest you try out a Tankhouse Ale, from Mill St Brewery out of Toronto. So far I've only ever met 1 person at a beer festival who enjoyed it, like me he'd have everyone he knows try it out. It turns out nobody likes it but the both of us who think it is nature's greatest gift to the world. A very polarizing beer I guess, might be worth trying if you ever come across it.

West Coast IPA with Citra Dry Hop

Double Stout infused with vanilla

All homebrewed.

BeerBaron

I see you chose your name meticulously. Sounds very yummy. I tried brewing out in my teenage years, I was so bad at it the beer was nearly undrinkable. Obviously being teens we didn't waste a single drop anyway...

Might I suggest you try out a Tankhouse Ale, from Mill St Brewery out of Toronto. So far I've only ever met 1 person at a beer festival who enjoyed it, like me he'd have everyone he knows try it out. It turns out nobody likes it but the both of us who think it is nature's greatest gift to the world. A very polarizing beer I guess, might be worth trying if you ever come across it.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll see if my local speciality store has it. I'm in Montreal so the choices of beer are not the same as Toronto.

As for the name it dates back from a Simpson's episode when I was in college. Homer started brewing beer in baths because of a new ban on alcohol. In those days all I pretty much remember is drinking beer so I tough the name fit well and kept it over time.

BeerBaron

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, beverages. Reds, anything from the Barossa but Torbreck a standout. Beers, mostly mass produced euro lagers, preference is Pilsner Urquell but a Saison if I can get is my favourite. Local craft beers on tap when I'm out and about. Mixed drink, CC & Dry.

And sparkling water....tonnes of it.

Btw, for the people that may drive to the BRK meeting and are thinking of stopping in Dyersville for field of dreams there's a restaurant there Country Junction. They have fantastic beer (something hard to find in the area). The food's great too.

Tried an alcoholic root beer..way too sweet for me.

Not Your Father's Root Beer. Yes, it is sweet, as root beer is. But, it definitely works for me. I am more of a beer and whisky guy with lighter beers for summers here in Texas, heavier beers and whiskys for winters. The Root Beer, though, I find to be great, and it selling like crazy down here. It's the richest root beer I've ever had, and possesses a definite kick (5.9% ABV).

To each his own.

-Crip