what are you selling today?

muscleman

I should probably sell everything, except BRK, since my head seems to be filled with cognitive biases.

A small portfolio of rental homes would be in my wheelhouse but would require more actual work.

---

I'm taking a break from Twitter & the 24 hour news cycle for the rest of this month & will concentrate on my circle of competence (music & school) and my sphere of influence (the space that extends slightly beyond the length of my arms.)

I'll still peek in here to see if there's any interesting discussions about what I own but, as has been since its creation, the politics section is off limits.

---

I've been leaving the cellphone at home a lot & going to study in the afternoons under an umbrella at the beach & am considering expanding this by leaving the phone at home when I go to school.

It would stay connected to a wall, just like back in the day (no party line though.)

It feels liberating to be out of touch while at the same time being more in touch with what is actually near me.

• 2 months later...

Small positions - legacy assets :

LUN.CPH [H. Lundbeck A/S] - has done very well - not especially expensive right now, I think - just time to move on.

GEN.CPH [Genmab A/S] - has done well - biotech, thereby outside my circle.

SIE.ETR [siemens AG NA, Deutsche Börse, Xetra market] - has gone nowhere for years ex. dividends - not a bad business - please look up posts by Spekulatius about it if any interest - just time to move on.

I should probably sell everything, except BRK, since my head seems to be filled with cognitive biases.

A small portfolio of rental homes would be in my wheelhouse but would require more actual work.

---

I'm taking a break from Twitter & the 24 hour news cycle for the rest of this month & will concentrate on my circle of competence (music & school) and my sphere of influence (the space that extends slightly beyond the length of my arms.)

I'll still peek in here to see if there's any interesting discussions about what I own but, as has been since its creation, the politics section is off limits.

---

I've been leaving the cellphone at home a lot & going to study in the afternoons under an umbrella at the beach & am considering expanding this by leaving the phone at home when I go to school.

It would stay connected to a wall, just like back in the day (no party line though.)

It feels liberating to be out of touch while at the same time being more in touch with what is actually near me.

Good for you leaving your cell home. The new Marshmallow test of self-discipline, the ability to resist a blinking inbox or a buzzing phone

Larry D. Rosen, L. Mark Carrier, and Nancy A. Cheever, “Facebook and texting made me do it: Media-induced task-switching while studying,” Computers in Human Behavior, Vol. 29, pages 948-958, May 2013.

• 2 weeks later...

Sold all of my Autozone stock last week (lucky timing). I might regret this a couple of years down the line, because these guys have a winning formula, but there's a real opportunity cost, and it was a really good IRR after the Amazon scare blew over. Lots of stuff looks attractive right now so solely sold on valuation (which isn't even that demanding to be honest).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Apple: Sold Jan 2020 $200 calls against my entire long position after its pretty crazy run this week.  6% premium for 7% OTM call.  Quite happy to get this opportunity after how much I was down on this stock 3 months ago.

Some of my lower cost Altria shares for a small gain.

Still believe CEO & BOD are idiots.

Why do you sell your lower cost shares ? You should sell your high cost shares, perhaps take a loss and either wash sale it by parking in another tobacco stock or just rebuying 31 days later.

Spekulatius,

Back in November 2018 - here - Jeff contributed in the ACA topic with a post, based on his personal & actual situation :

My previous employers obligation to provide me with COBRA insurance came to an end on 30 September.

Faced with the need to mitigate the potential risk to all that I've worked for & saved, I stopped in

at the BCBS service center which is conveniently located right across the street from school.

I had been paying Chouest $437 a month for the same great coverage which had previously cost me $104.30

(I thought the higher premium was still a bargain, thank you Gary Chouest!) & I expected to have to

start paying the same or more for a significantly higher deductible.

Instead, the ACA will provide assistance, which will result in a monthly premium of just $22.55 with no deductible &

a $2500 annual max out of pocket expense.

If you make less than $12,060 per year you get zip.

Passive income counts & I qualify for 2019 with the following projections:

$8,200 - Pell Grant estimate

$12,000 - expected dividends & cap gains

I expect to take advantage of this until May of 2022 when I'll earn a Bachelors degree & get back to work.

---

I thought this might interest anyone who has a friend or relative who needs assistance but hasn't yet gotten it.

Open enrollment is going on NOW.

Anyone who feels like I'm a slacker for doing this should examine whether they enjoy professional musical entertainment after a hard day at the office.

(They should also follow me around for a week to see how hard this stuff actually is...)

So much for the US Health Care System. If you are a healthy person in good mental shape, alone maneuvering this system may eventually put you on medication.

Some of my lower cost Altria shares for a small gain.

Still believe CEO & BOD are idiots.

Why do you sell your lower cost shares ? You should sell your high cost shares, perhaps take a loss and either wash sale it by parking in another tobacco stock or just rebuying 31 days later.

Read my signature below.

The part right before the Twitter link.

[edit]: i forgot to add that I'm also still long MO Calls - Jan 2020 $52.50's & Jan 2021 $50's (fingers crossed...)

Spekulatius,

Back in November 2018 - here - Jeff contributed in the ACA topic with a post, based on his personal & actual situation :

My previous employers obligation to provide me with COBRA insurance came to an end on 30 September.

Faced with the need to mitigate the potential risk to all that I've worked for & saved, I stopped in

at the BCBS service center which is conveniently located right across the street from school.

I had been paying Chouest $437 a month for the same great coverage which had previously cost me $104.30

(I thought the higher premium was still a bargain, thank you Gary Chouest!) & I expected to have to

start paying the same or more for a significantly higher deductible.

Instead, the ACA will provide assistance, which will result in a monthly premium of just $22.55 with no deductible &

a $2500 annual max out of pocket expense.

If you make less than $12,060 per year you get zip.

Passive income counts & I qualify for 2019 with the following projections:

$8,200 - Pell Grant estimate

$12,000 - expected dividends & cap gains

I expect to take advantage of this until May of 2022 when I'll earn a Bachelors degree & get back to work.

---

I thought this might interest anyone who has a friend or relative who needs assistance but hasn't yet gotten it.

Open enrollment is going on NOW.

Anyone who feels like I'm a slacker for doing this should examine whether they enjoy professional musical entertainment after a hard day at the office.

(They should also follow me around for a week to see how hard this stuff actually is...)

So much for the US Health Care System. If you are a healthy person in good mental shape, alone maneuvering this system may eventually put you on medication.

I'm deeply distracted by the sunk cost fallacy & find it difficult to sell shares of MO which are slightly underwater.

I know that I should sell if I don't believe that management is making good moves (and I don't.)

I should turn that into an if/then statement & see if it's a tautology.

Or would it be better to use a Venn diagram?

The amount of brain damage that single payer system would save US citizens alone makes it worth it.  ;D

I'm single & was paying for drinks at the FloraBama last night.

I feel a lot more sane today.

That is all.

;D

water and advil, my friend  ;D ;D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...