What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

Got crappy execution on BRKB, but good ones on JPM, AAPL.

@tombgrt: Yeah, this might not be the end. I only spent ~2% of my portfolio buying today so far. Still got ~26% in cash.

Missed your FDN down 40%.

Edit: yeah, I got LMCA too.

You can buy anything...its like Thanksgiving Black Friday...only the wait was much longer.

Any ideas on which names have the highest bounce back potential? I am thinking BABA calls, JPM warrants, selling IWM/QQQ/SPY puts

This is not exactly Black Friday, more of a step in the right direction

Yes, market seems to be going back up....

I may have gotten excited too soon...

Bought AAPL and VIG at 15% discount to underlying stocks (was at 20% but trading was halted...)

Had a limit order on VIG when it was down 18%, didn't make it in before the circuit breaker though  >:(

Actually just heard back from my broker, got VIG around 57.75.  :)

[/quote

Also added to AAPL at 93. Swapped by HUB.A for more HUB.B.

I should have tried to buy those ETFs through IB... I'm an idiot.

I saw FDN down 20% after you mentioned it was down 40% and I did not buy it. I'm an idiot too. ;)

Nah, these things require really fast fingers, great broker, fast thinking. ETF opportunities were real, but some other thinly traded stocks were not: they were down 10-15% with no volume so nothing really went through.

So don't beat yourself. You got what you got, can't get them all, tomorrow's another day, etc.

Peace.

Execution on orders varied for me.

IBKR was fast and flawless.

Fidelity was a little glitchy but performed well.

AMTD was very slow on trade reports and looks like I missed a fill, so questionable execution.

Just got my fill report back from AMTD only 30 minutes late...

Margin'd up today and made a big bet on PCP..  At these levels the annualized return is more attractive & I think interest rates are more likely to drop/remain flat at this point so it should trade at a higher premium going forward.

If it's back at 231 in a week you're looking at a really great annualized return.

I should have tried to buy those ETFs through IB... I'm an idiot.

I saw FDN down 20% after you mentioned it was down 40% and I did not buy it. I'm an idiot too. ;)

Nah, these things require really fast fingers, great broker, fast thinking. ETF opportunities were real, but some other thinly traded stocks were not: they were down 10-15% with no volume so nothing really went through.

So don't beat yourself. You got what you got, can't get them all, tomorrow's another day, etc.

Peace.

Yeah unlikely I would have had the balls to buy such an ETF for 30% or something of portfolio and make a quick 10-15% but still.. Good to know for the future.

I was surprised at the intensity of the drop this AM, but was even more surprised at the pace of the recovery from the lows once it happened. Who was so desperate to sell this morning where they're not really selling now? It's weird to see S&P and Dow down nearly 5% to come back to being down only 1.25% in a single day. Market efficiency at it's finest.

I was trying to exit my puts that I bought a few months back for a double (from $8.50 to $18.00). Unfortunately, orders filled at $17.00 with bids at $17.75, but nothing really hit $18 and it's back down to $13ish.

Add me to the list of people that is amazed at the intraday recovery. I guess there's still a lot optimism in the market, buying the dip or whatever. The usual suspects are still running around - Netflix is up 4% now.

Also I think that with all the algos we have running around today the market movements will be more weird than in the past. It remains to be seen what will happen. I have a feeling that today will not the end of the story.