What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

20 minutes ago, WFF said:

I need to take a look at this again, I was frustrated last time as it is so illiquid.  But I am guessing you are the one that just push this into the 3 handle?   

I bought a few shares, but I am not the one that pushes it into the $30s, my buy is in the $29.70 range. 

I've decided to make a collection of the non Medicaid health insurers 15-20% of my portfolio. Major risk of (a) change in government policy, (b) utilization / loss rates being materially higher than estimates over more than a few years (c) some other major competitive change in the value chain I think are extremely low - with (a) being far lower now than maybe a few years ago with both parties showing no interest in changing the status quo. I think buying as a basket gets you a pretty easy 10%+ per year especially with a few of the MA players (CVS, Humana) now trading at value prices. If multiples ever go up from ~10-12 EV/EBITDA that's a kicker

2 hours ago, tnathan said:

I've decided to make a collection of the non Medicaid health insurers 15-20% of my portfolio. Major risk of (a) change in government policy, (b) utilization / loss rates being materially higher than estimates over more than a few years (c) some other major competitive change in the value chain I think are extremely low - with (a) being far lower now than maybe a few years ago with both parties showing no interest in changing the status quo. I think buying as a basket gets you a pretty easy 10%+ per year especially with a few of the MA players (CVS, Humana) now trading at value prices. If multiples ever go up from ~10-12 EV/EBITDA that's a kicker

I like ELV the most. It’s basically a poor man’s version of UNH whith a pretty good execution and a more palpable valuation. Bought my shares in 2020 and then more in 2023. I am also a HUM bag holder but that has now become a multi year turnaround and perhaps takeover story.

I also own some CNC and bought and sold that one a couple of times before, all with profits.

Edited by Spekulatius