What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

Bought some REZI (Honeywell spin-off) today on weakness. I also added to WBA.

Spek,

What's your thesis on Rezideo? I looked at both HON spins and couldn't get comfortable enough to take a chance.

Any thoughts on how they are competing against upstarts in the smart home market?

Bought some REZI (Honeywell spin-off) today on weakness. I also added to WBA.

Spek,

What's your thesis on Rezideo? I looked at both HON spins and couldn't get comfortable enough to take a chance.

Any thoughts on how they are competing against upstarts in the smart home market?

Rezi is competing against the smart thermostat upstarts, but they are also supplying them with sensors and components. So it’s an opportunity for them to participate in a growing market.

Any idea on the breakdown between new builds vs. existing home upgrades? I would imagine smart home products are highly correlated with new builds.

I don’t have data on how much s driven by new home sales, but I don’t think its the main driver. I believe the driver are home renovations and heating/ air conditioning replacements. I think that REZI‘s managment May have low balled the guidance , so they can make/ beat the numbers easily - they probably have incentives to do so. The strong last quarter was a good sign. The business was probably managed for cash and I think being a separate company will benefit them.

Further minor additions today during the morning hours here in Scandinavia and the US, respectively:

INVE A.STO [investor AB, ser. A] [Website],

INDU C.STO [industrivärden AB, ser. C] [Website],

LUND B.STO [L.E. Lundbergföretagen AB, ser. B] [Website],

JDAN.CPH [Jeudan A/S] [[Website - unfortunately website - and financials - only available in Danish],

ORSTED.CPH [Ørsted A/S] [Website],

JPM,

BAC &

C.

Further minor additions today during the morning hours here in Scandinavia and the US, respectively:

INVE A.STO [investor AB, ser. A] [Website],

INDU C.STO [industrivärden AB, ser. C] [Website],

LUND B.STO [L.E. Lundbergföretagen AB, ser. B] [Website],

JDAN.CPH [Jeudan A/S] [[Website - unfortunately website - and financials - only available in Danish],

ORSTED.CPH [Ørsted A/S] [Website],

JPM,

BAC &

C.

Looks like some kind of buying frenzy in the Hjorth household. What did your wife get?

Looks like some kind of buying frenzy in the Hjorth household. What did your wife get?

Just an ultra-short and compressed elaboration here for you, Spekulatius,

Yes, it's been a buying frenzy the last few days, however a tiny one. The frenzy continues Monday with small additions to two dull, but very well run Danish P&C insurers, after which it's back to trading sloth for me.

It's about my oldest brother's [in Danish] LD-konto [in English, in daily-day speaking : "LD-Account"]. Website. Website : Background. Danish Wikipedia : Lønmodtagernes Dyrtidsfond. English Wikipedia : Employees' Capital Pension Fund.

So, in short, DKK 4,368 "frozen" in the years 1977 - 1979, that has accumulated to approx. tDKK 120, subject to taxation since 1984. Not worth my time for an average in. ["Just buy those damn shares".] My brother agreed on that.

- - - o 0 o - - -

Not everything is strict logic from an investment angle, when you're managing family money. We disagreed [dearly] on adding to his NVO position. He insisted. The "price" he had to "pay" to me was "to set me free" with regard to reinvesting NVO dividends in NVO. There are trackers of ORSTED.CPH scattered all over the place here in the "system" - up ~ 82 percent since August 2016. I said to him the current price is just plain wrong. He insisted. Here, it's a tracker, and it's his money, so I yielded.

My brother is a registered shareholder on all his Scandinavian stocks. I know for a fact, that he's reading all the financials that is incoming in his physical mailbox. To me, it's more important to keep him turned on and interested, eager to discuss when we meet or talk.

- - - o 0 o - - -

I'm not married to the Lady of the House. I most likely never will. I consider it a privilege to wake up every morning to see her asleep next to me, knowing she is there next to me, not because she has to, but because she wants to. She is - compared to me - a bit of a spender, I'm only expensive on books, I think. What she's spending is her own money, not ours [here, there are no such money], nor mine.

- - - o 0 o - - -

Yes, shopping is contagious ... A courier was here yesterday with a package from a company called Parfumerie Akzente GmbH, Postfach 74629 Pfedelbach [near Stuttgart?]. Perfumes. - Something to me, too! - I don't know in details what else is actually going on right now ...

CMG.to    Computer Modelling Group

Interesting company and nicely profitable, but revenues went nowhere for a couple of years, due to the mamaise in the E&P sector. They are paying a dividend in excess of earnings and sort of paying with this in shares (proceeds from stock option exercises). Looks like a bet on E&P recovery or possibly a takeout.