What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

1 minute ago, Paarslaars said:

Didn't you already have a large position?

I want to add more but I'm having a difficulty averaging up in the options. 😅

I have both stocks and some calls.  I am adding the stocks only because i am not sure about the timings . Options actually became cheaper recently, especially the Jan options that I owns.. 

I own the Jan 20$ options as well but my cost basis is 0.95... up 100% right now so not complaining.

Was thinking to go a bit further out with options to avoid the timing, ruling should be done latest end of January? Worst case mid February? Only concern is a quick "DOJ files for appeal" before I can sell out. 😅

Edited by Paarslaars

Strong view merger closes so sold my 25 Jan JBLU calls and closed out my SAVE option positions for March and added more to SAVE (stock as well to avoid option risk of delay or recuts) just like sleepydrag. 

Fings crossed 

Edited by n.r98

21 minutes ago, n.r98 said:

Strong view merger closes so sold my 25 Jan JBLU calls and closed out my SAVE option positions for March and added more to SAVE (stock as well to avoid option risk of delay or recuts) just like sleepydrag. 

Fings crossed 

my id is not sleepydrag 🙂 it's sleepy dragon:)

22 minutes ago, n.r98 said:

Fings crossed 

yeah, I was thinking to close my Jan 20 Calls, but eventually decided to keep it for "blue sky" upside. If deal closes my stocks winning will cover all potential loses from the call.

40 minutes ago, Paarslaars said:

I own the Jan 20$ options as well but my cost basis is 0.95... up 100% right now so not complaining.

Was thinking to go a bit further out with options to avoid the timing, ruling should be done latest end of January? Worst case mid February? Only concern is a quick "DOJ files for appeal" before I can sell out. 😅

ruling supposed to be out by end of the year.. The judge is probably already typing it up now, impo 

On 12/8/2023 at 10:15 AM, sleepydragon said:

I have both stocks and some calls.  I am adding the stocks only because i am not sure about the timings . Options actually became cheaper recently, especially the Jan options that I owns.. 

SAVE weekly puts have an insane premium. You can buy March 15 for $5 and sell weekly going to next Friday for $1. Just some food for thought. 

On 12/7/2023 at 12:26 PM, Jaygo said:

SSNT for a tracker on Brad Jacobs. On December 11th he is doing an announcement on his plans for the company.

Up 23% so far. Thankfully it was just a tracker so I wont get an ego. Nor much more than a champagne lunch for one.

Anyway Brad Jacobs will be using this as a platform for his building products dist acquisitions.  After reading the filings the  owners of SSNT will only be getting 15 basis points of the new co and a 2.5 million dollar or 5% one time dividend. So the jump up in shares seems just news driven and will not be overly beneficial. The value of brad Jacobs entity to current shareholders is roughly 10 million or 20% of current cap. 

Is there a thread on Building products distribution? may be time to start one since Site, ferg, Building products group, richelieu have  all done very very well and now we have one of the best acquisitors coming into the space. 

1 hour ago, Jaygo said:

Up 23% so far. Thankfully it was just a tracker so I wont get an ego. Nor much more than a champagne lunch for one.

Anyway Brad Jacobs will be using this as a platform for his building products dist acquisitions.  After reading the filings the  owners of SSNT will only be getting 15 basis points of the new co and a 2.5 million dollar or 5% one time dividend. So the jump up in shares seems just news driven and will not be overly beneficial. The value of brad Jacobs entity to current shareholders is roughly 10 million or 20% of current cap. 

Is there a thread on Building products distribution? may be time to start one since Site, ferg, Building products group, richelieu have  all done very very well and now we have one of the best acquisitors coming into the space. 

I have some relatives who, to all outward appearances, have done very well in this space over time.

1 hour ago, Jaygo said:

Interested as I missed out on XPO despite buying it once 😄 Do start a thread to keep track of this. Sounds like the best time to purchase isn't probably right now though

3 hours ago, Jaygo said:

as much as I like to be alongside him for his next venture, this specific vehicle sounds like a SPAC, where the price gets unhinged a bit. There will be a lot of front running here. 

2 hours ago, jouni1 said:

Interested as I missed out on XPO despite buying it once 😄 Do start a thread to keep track of this. Sounds like the best time to purchase isn't probably right now though

Yeah I'll probably at least wait until he wraps up his book tour before taking a real look.  haha.

Yes the action on ssnt is crazy. As my quick calculation came to buying at todays price and discounting the existing business and the dividend marks the newco at around 12biillion dollars. Kind of steep for a platform without a single acquisition. 

folks do love a story though. I bought purely to keep tabs so I don’t forget to dig deeper down the road once it’s up and running. 

as I mentioned above. 40% in five days would be great if I had bought any quantity.  

35 minutes ago, Gregmal said:

Long la liquidityless litigation liquidation. Bought $30k worth of GYRO. Might buy more if I feel lively and can get some stock.

Good grief, I looked at it in 2004.  Is it still around?  I will take a look again, thank  you for the remainder.